Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00am - Sep 2,17 
From what I heard Des Plains was bad. I called at 4:45 and they said only 12 birds were checked in. I'm sure that number went up a little but it still means it was not very good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:53pm - Sep 2,17 
Was hunting any better today? Still plan on going monday hopefully shot some birds..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21am - Sep 5,17 
I got 4 at silver springs on 9/2. left the field at about 4:40 as our field was the slowest of the bunch. (#2)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:09am - Sep 6,17 
I went hunting with my uncle on Sep 4th to Des Plaines. We got field E not many hunters probably less than 20. I saw about 4 doves. Shot at one and missed and called it a day by 4. Maybe better luck next year I guess. How did the rest of your guys hunting go?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:37am - Sep 7,17 
Sorry for the late post fellows. We hunted Green River on 9/1 and at the drawing I was feeling pretty good. My name was called at about #15 and went in and my choice was still available. We hunted this field last year. I picked #200 at Sand Prairie north. The last spot to the west. Nobody on are left. Last year we were in the Middle of field and all we heard was gun fire for 5 hours from that end. This year I thought I would try to get it and did. We got to the end to discover that they stopped the sunflowers about 200 yards short of us.
Very disappointing. Anyway, 95% of the birds flew from the south field following a cut path to the middle of our field. So, plenty of birds, but the wrong spot. We ended up with 9 using less than a box of shells. Still a good day to be there. I might walk it next week for the heck of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: