Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Aug 16,19 
Well was gonna take a year off but I got Shanghai into going again, something like 15 or 16 year. Was gonna lay low and go to all my son's senior football games, but once you go and know all the contacts and farmers, the drag you right back in. Haha its just terrible to have to shoot all those ducks and geese. Well just thought it was time to start this falls bantering about the duck and goose season. And to complain a little more, they just plowed what was perhaps to be a great dove field of mine, and planted in with oats. So now no dove hunting but should be a massacre on geese during the early season. Well anybody else visiting our great neighbors to the north.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:53pm - Sep 19,19 
When are you going? I'm heading to North Dakota for 2 weeks in the middle of October to chase ducks, geese, and walleye... and absolutely cannot wait!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:56pm - Sep 20,19 
Leaving next sat 28 sept. be back like 11th or 12 Oct. Went last year 04 Oct to 12 Oct and was blessed with artic cold and snow for thew whole trip. Almost all ponds were froze up. it was like 12 degrees in the mornings. Looks to be a little warmer this year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Sep 23,19 
Im headed to the UP with a couple of college buddies, Thurs-Sun, to get a whack at my first duck and goose. Ill report back on Monday when I return. :gun

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:45am - Sep 23,19 
Another one here headed to ND Saturday to harvest waterfowl for a week, Can't Wait!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58pm - Oct 8,19 
Well got back yesterday. Easiest trip in the last 6 years. Scouted one day and found 5 fields to hunt. Then found even better fields for the weekend. All fields held thousands of geeses and ducks. hunted 8 days, and had limits of ducks on 7 of the 8 days. On sat and sunday last weekend we killed 80 ducks each day. wow, today the remaining folks 7 of them killed 63 snows and blues and 30 ducks. What a great trip. Made some new friends, had good weather except the first day with 3 inches of snow. Cant wait to get up next year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:54am - Oct 10,19 
That sounds like a great trip. Is that through an outfitter or is it self guided?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24pm - Oct 12,19 
Self guided. Key is scouting alot. This year was easy, lots of water and ducks and geese.

Board index » Game Bag » Water-Fowl
Jump to: