Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:43pm - Jan 24,18 
I dunno fellows, you guys playing with your Panoptix toys with Down Vue, Side view and Chirping Sonar in Living Color…. It certainly is Life Changing, always taking it one step further. I bet the Professor will probably teach the school to come to him next. :D

How easy is it? You can set up on a school, use an auto-fisherman to catch ‘em, electric fillet machine to fillet them. But what is all the fuss about? What’s the next Life Changing step?

I set up on my stool in the kitchen contemplating dinner. I whip out my Super Sonar Smart phone with 4G, click on the store app with colorful images, fish id, already filleted and order fish of choice for dinner.

Oops! I hear the door bell chirping…..

Stay warm Mike. :wink:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:39am - Jan 25,18 
Hey Bruce
Sitting in the kitchen eh, sounds like mom let you in from the dog house during the cold weather.
For the record, I don't eat fish.
Just enjoy the chase and catching.
Like a lab with a tennis ball.

Tech is getting crazy for sure.

Drop the MK Tmotor with HBird side image with ethernet connection to the HBird helm graph and cruise along dropping waypoints from the comfy helm seat.
Press "go to" from the helm HBird graph and walk to the bow and pivot the Panoptix transducer as the MK TMotor pulls the boat to the "go to" waypoint and spotlocks the boat.
Set the Garmin unit to split screen for DownVu (set at 800khz) and Panoptix LiveVu forward and voila!!

Structure and fish.

Pick up a rod and....

Decided to try crappie fishing last year. :winker

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3ApR-gdS4

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:19pm - Jan 25,18 
Yo Mike! Great technology progressing at such a rapid pace.

Just want to thank you and Crappie Prof for putting together extremely up to date information on the site. This goes for many others that do also. It’s very much appreciated by me but I’m sure 90% or more of the fishermen who read these posts. It’s what makes this such a great site.

Thank you too for putting aside your loathing of cold weather to do this R & D. Shows your insatiable desire to learn the latest.

It was my wife who put me in the dog house….. she wanted me to replace the Si Tex stylus fish graph in the boat that kept running out of ink and I didn't. Then she wanted me to get that there Spot lock sonar-graph system and elect trolling motor for Christmas....didn't do that either.

BTW, I know you don’t eat fish and I'd advise you to teach your dog how to retrieve fish instead of tennis balls. My dog ate a $647 tennis ball once.

I told her I’d save some money two ways by teaching the dog to catch fish (I eat fish), not tennis balls, and then we wouldn’t need that Spotty lock set up either.

Training in a controlled session….

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:20pm - Jan 25,18 
Quote:
BTW, I know you don’t eat fish and I'd advise you to teach your dog how to retrieve fish instead of tennis balls. My dog ate a $647 tennis ball once.

Maybe you should try a lab.
A little smarter on the edibles and they wait patiently while you clean them. :winker

All in fun Bruce

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:01pm - Jan 25,18 
Bubbalouie,nice info.Fished with my parents,before McCormick Place was built for perch,also Maple Lake for bullheads.Times have changed so much. Today not much of a challenge with electronic stuff. I like the good old days with the cane poles and old bait casters with the back lashes . We ate good.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: