Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Nov 16,18 
Just want to get some opinions on when its best to plan for a white fish trip up on sturgeon/Green Bay? Want to take my 11 yo son and want some decent quantity. My first ever ice fishing trip about 8 years ago was there and we caught 3 fish total...still hooked me on the sport but would have been better to catch a lot. Thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:54pm - Nov 16,18 
I have always done well the first week in February, but I like thick ice and to be able to be safe out in 70’+. I have taken my 8 year old daughter with and she has a blast.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:51am - Nov 25,18 
Agree, late January to mid February offers the most consistent bite for numbers of white fish.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:28pm - Nov 25,18 
We've been going up there for the last 3 years and have always gone in February, 2nd or 3rd week.
Plenty of good ice. We go with Dean Gordon (Hooked Up Sport Fishing) and generally fish inside of
the comfortable fish shacks and have yet to come back with less than 6-7 fish per man, and that was
the first year we went up there. Since then we have brought home 10 fish limits. Not bad for our
group that usually numbers 15-20 guys. Enclosed transportation this year with the new vehicles.
If your going yourself, be careful and keep track of the weather, since they do break up the ice to
keep shipping canals open.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:09pm - Dec 2,18 
Any time Lanny from trophy ice is on the ice is a good time. Bin going out with him for the last cant remember how many years on all sorts of diffrent dates. He always puts us on the fish , and I've limited out every time (cant say that about everyone with me tho)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:39pm - Dec 3,18 
Might even want to think about just doing it yourself. I fished with three of the big guides, and would recommend one. Ive done it a couple times myself and exceeded any of the guided trips on quality of fish and numbers. Big ones tend to be shallower, and all within a mile walk of a launch. The bite is easier to detect in the less than 50 feet of water. Shallow is a more first thing, than last couple hours, but can be phenominal.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: