Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56pm - Jul 23,18 
It is truly with mixed emotions that I am announcing that effective December 31, 2018, we are officially ceasing operation of the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund. When my sister, my brother and I, along with a close-knit group of family and friends, started this charity 14 years ago, we did so to honor the memory of our mom, Andrea Lynn Beckwith, who lost her battle with colon cancer back in 1993. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about her, and what her loss meant to our family. I am extremely proud of all the efforts that were put into the charity throughout the years, and I am sure that she would have been proud too.

I always said that we would never do the work of this charity half-heartedly – it was an all-or-nothing venture. The work of growing & sustaining the charity, running the fundraising events, holding board meetings, and most importantly, giving out the grants that help cancer patients and their families in their time of need has been so gratifying. Running our annual fundraising events like the Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby, the the Pumpkin Stampede 5K, the Ride and Rally Against Cancer, and the Steve Jasker Memorial Golf Outing has been a labor of love, but for an all-volunteer organization, it has also been time consuming. I am glad this is where we poured in our energy for over a decade, but for me, for my family and for my fellow board members, it is now time to take a step back and reevaluate our efforts. When the demands on our time took us away from the charity too often, I knew it was time for us to say goodbye.

To all those who served on the Board of the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund over the past 14 years that we’ve been doing this: thank you. Thank you for your time and your efforts and believing that we, as the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund, could make a difference in the lives of cancer patients. To all my fellow Board members over the years: Patricia Beckwith, Karie Nash, Shane Beckwith, Chris Lowe, Gary Dew, Missy Brito, Bob Sly, and Kim O’Brien - your leadership carried our organization farther than I ever imagined we’d go.

To our many volunteers over the years, thank you also. We never could have pulled off the fundraising events without you. Todd Todd, Kristy & Jeff Seydlitz, Denise Cantu, Jerilyn Fish, Terri Troia, Darin O’Brien, and Dan & Jody Sloan, thank you for always being there for us. And to the other organizations who raised funds on behalf of the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund, like the McHenry Jr Warriors Fastpitch Softball Pigtail League, Rob and Brooke at 99 Car, A Day With Curt Golf Outing, Pony Tails for A Cause, Bent Rods Bass Club, BGV Motorsports, Horchers Country Flower Shop, Lake in the Hills American Legion Post 1231, and Chitown-Angler, we are so grateful for everything you’ve done to support us.

To all those families who struggled with the financial strain of cancer treatments that we helped over the years, I absolutely cherished being able to serve each and every one of you. There are many of you who touched my heart deeply, and I will never forget how it felt knowing that we were doing what we could to help you when you needed it the most. I would also like to offer my gratitude to our partners over at Centegra Sage Cancer Center for helping us identify cancer patients who were truly in need and were able to benefit from our assistance grants.

The American Legion Charity Bike Run on August 19, sponsored by Lake in the Hills American Legion Post 1231, will be the last fundraising event benefiting the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund. After that, we will meet as a Board one last time to make sure all the funds we have left are earmarked for local cancer patients in need. A big thank you to Becky Weglartz and all the Legion’s members for choosing the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund as one of the beneficiaries of this fundraiser for the the past several years. Anyone who would like to participate in this fundraiser, please see the link below for details. If you’d like to just stop by to say hi, we will be at Lake in the Hills American Legion Post 1231, 1101 W. Algonquin Rd., between 9 and 10:30 a.m. for registration, and for the after party starting at 6:00 p.m. on August 19. I hope to see many of you there, and, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making me proud to lead this organization for the past 14 years; it has truly been an honor.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48am - Jul 25,18 
Tthank you for all you have done

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24am - Jul 26,18 
Thank you

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Jul 26,18 
Sad to see it end, but thankful to have enjoyed the event. Thanks for all your investment in helping the event fly!

Board index » Community Corner » Special Events
Jump to: