Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11pm - Jun 5,15 
Does anyone wish to help me brighten some children's day who are in the hospital? My wife and I started our charity in honor of our daughter Natalie in 2007. To family and close friends she was nick named Bug. While my daughter received treatment at Hope Hospital in Oak Lawn she was given gifts which were donations. I promised I would not forget that people took the time to help out. After we had lost her I had started Bug Pals as a way to keep her name going. We have done 8 toys drives that are dropped off in March, and we are going on our 5th Star Wars Day this August 28th. Friends who are part of the costume group, the 501st Midwest Garrison go with me into the hospital to visit each child bedside. We also have a artist there to draw for the kids.
Where I could use some help is with collecting books. We like to give each child a book or two to help pass time and hopefully to just make them happy. All books are needed at the hospital, from coloring books all the way to teenager novels are used to hand out. They have to be new because of their fight against any germs. I will post our page that is on Facebook if anyone would care to see what we do. Trust me when I say that 1 book can make a huge difference. If anyone cares to help you can send me a message to get our PO Box. Thanks Dan S.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bugs-Pal ... 0887854861

Board index » Community Corner » Special Events
Jump to: