Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:39pm - Jan 15,15 
Last year was to be the end of a run 10 years of WOW and I was ready to let it go, after many people coming to me and saying they want to happen again, I decided to keep it going. I am in awe every year from the support you folks give me, and appreciate every bit of it. We have decided on Feb 7 again this year. Please note, due to issues with the owner at Docks Bar and Grill (off of 176) there will be no event parking, I understand that this takes away another access point, but last year he was looking to tow vehicles

Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby on February 7 To Benefit Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund

Crystal Lake, IL – The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund invites experienced and novice ice fishermen alike to enjoy a day of family-friendly ice Fishing on Bangs Lake in Wauconda during the Annual Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby on Saturday, February 7, 2015, starting at 7:00 a.m. Registration now open online at http://www.andrealynn.org/ice. On-site registration and check-in will be held at Lindy’s Landing, 115 Park St., Wauconda.

Prizes will be awarded for the largest Pike, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Walleye caught during the Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby. Entrants must have valid Illinois fishing license and abide by all Illinois fishing regulations. Wauconda Boat will have bait available for purchase at the registration area. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund.

Walk on Water Ice Derby organizers request that participants park in event-designated parking at Lindy’s Landing only. Volunteers will be able to assist with and answer questions about parking.

More than 2 million people in the United States are diagnosed with cancer each year. The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund focuses on the family, providing for an array of needs and support to those suffering with the hardships of cancer. Following diagnosis and throughout the battle against cancer, there are many obstacles that are often unknown and unmentioned, including the stress of treatment, care, or losing a loved one’s income, that make dealing with cancer more difficult. The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund strives to help with these burdens to get families back on track so they can spend more time focusing on their loved ones.

The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund was established in 2006 in the memory of Andrea Lynn Beckwith, who lost her battle with colon cancer in 1993. Her children, Brent and Shane Beckwith and Karie Nash, along with a close-knit group of family, friends and supporters, head up the board of directors for the charity. For more information about the organization, please visit the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund website at http://www.andrealynn.org.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:17pm - Feb 1,15 
We are less than a week away... online registration will be shut off noon on Friday. I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for their support, if you curious where this money goes please stop me at the derby, I would be glad to explain it.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:36pm - Feb 1,15 
are you still collecting can food still for wow,just also want to say this is a great thing you are running . thanks------------- bigfishross/ jim ross

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:47pm - Feb 3,15 
Jim Ross,
YES and the prize for the food this year is a Day guide trip with T-Bone Guide service!!!!!!! THIS IS A 300 dollar prize (tip not included) :shock :shock

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40pm - Feb 4,15 
Just so that everyone see this
Please note, due to issues with the owner at Docks Bar and Grill (off of 176) there will be no event parking, I understand that this takes away another access point, but last year he was looking to tow vehicles

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:56pm - Feb 4,15 
CATMAN wrote:
Last year was to be the end of a run 10 years of WOW and I was ready to let it go, after many people coming to me and saying they want to happen again, I decided to keep it going. I am in awe every year from the support you folks give me, and appreciate every bit of it. We have decided on Feb 7 again this year. Please note, due to issues with the owner at Docks Bar and Grill (off of 176) there will be no event parking, I understand that this takes away another access point, but last year he was looking to tow vehicles

Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby on February 7 To Benefit Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund

Crystal Lake, IL – The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund invites experienced and novice ice fishermen alike to enjoy a day of family-friendly ice Fishing on Bangs Lake in Wauconda during the Annual Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby on Saturday, February 7, 2015, starting at 7:00 a.m. Registration now open online at http://www.andrealynn.org/ice. On-site registration and check-in will be held at Lindy’s Landing, 115 Park St., Wauconda.

Prizes will be awarded for the largest Pike, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Walleye caught during the Walk on Water Ice Fishing Derby. Entrants must have valid Illinois fishing license and abide by all Illinois fishing regulations. Wauconda Boat will have bait available for purchase at the registration area. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund.

Walk on Water Ice Derby organizers request that participants park in event-designated parking at Lindy’s Landing only. Volunteers will be able to assist with and answer questions about parking.

More than 2 million people in the United States are diagnosed with cancer each year. The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund focuses on the family, providing for an array of needs and support to those suffering with the hardships of cancer. Following diagnosis and throughout the battle against cancer, there are many obstacles that are often unknown and unmentioned, including the stress of treatment, care, or losing a loved one’s income, that make dealing with cancer more difficult. The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund strives to help with these burdens to get families back on track so they can spend more time focusing on their loved ones.

The Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund was established in 2006 in the memory of Andrea Lynn Beckwith, who lost her battle with colon cancer in 1993. Her children, Brent and Shane Beckwith and Karie Nash, along with a close-knit group of family, friends and supporters, head up the board of directors for the charity. For more information about the organization, please visit the Andrea Lynn Cancer Fund website at http://www.andrealynn.org.

Will people be able to park at Cook Memorial Park?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08pm - Feb 4,15 
Lindys landing and park district lots

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21pm - Feb 4,15 
Thanks for the info it's my first time fishing bangs and walk on water ice fishing derby. Just a bit concern about what time should I leave my house, does the lindys lot get full quick?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:14am - Feb 5,15 
Are you in the city Captn? If so 5am should be good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:11am - Feb 5,15 
Yes. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17pm - Feb 7,15 
We had a great turn out of fisherman this year, Catching the fish was a bit tougher this year than in the past, high skies could account for that, and travel wasn't as bad as most thought, with sleds packing down trails and plowing a path out to the general area in front of Lindys helped a great deal.
Biggest Bass was 20"
Biggest Gill was 9"
Biggest Crappie was 13.5
Biggest Pike came in at 36.5
The perch are starting to show up consistently we may look at that for a category in the future
A big thank you to our sponsors, please stop by their Face Book page and thank them for supporting this great event.
Most of you know me as the "face" of WOW but I give ALL the credit to my help, they rocked out today, I didn't even need a Snickers(LOL)
~BRENT

Some of this years WOW Prizes were;
A day on the Chain with T-Bone Guide Service
Propane Auger from Eskimo
Gas Auger from Jiffy
Color Under water camera from Vexilar
Clam flip over shanty

over 120 raffle bags
a full day ice trip for 8 with Tony Boshold

Looking forward 2016

Thank you to everyone that attended and support us :thanks

Profile WWW