Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29pm - May 1,16 
The wife has a girls thing going on Mother's Day, so I am headed to DC in my new to me boat. Figured to start in Little Sturgeon Bay figuring there would be the warmest water there. Or, am I missing out by not hitting any of the northern bays? Just wanted to hear from you DC experts. I have been there in June, but never this early May. Hope to hit a few walleye as well. Thanks.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:14am - May 2,16 
Check out Green Bay Trophy Fishing info here or on thier site. Couldn't hurt to spend a half day fishing with them to learn the water.
JMHO
FM

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:14pm - May 2,16 
I will be up there this weekend. My guess would be that that the fish will still be moving around quite a bit and in the transitions between deep to shallow. Doubt they are on beds yet. There are lots of transitional areas around little sturgeon and all of sturgeon bay. The fish should be everywhere, its finding the schools of 5 lbers that is the challenge.

I'll be starting to look for fish with swimbaits and jerkbaits, slowing down to kahlins and gobies if they aren't active.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:39pm - May 2,16 
Consider Rowleys Bay, in and around the mouth of the Mink River.

Lt.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:52am - May 3,16 
You should have a lot of company out there. Lots of guys will be prefishing for the SBOBT which is the following week. I heard most fish are in 18+ feet with some moving up during the day and going deeper at night. I will be up next sunday night to prefish the rest of the week.I would watch where most of the bass guys are heading and fish that depth range. WavePoint marina is their H.Q.. One of my fishing partners Tim caught a 8.45 3 years ago in the spring and it is still the largest ever taken during the tourney. Winning weight for the 2 day event is 60# plus.
You can always pick up a few walleye working Larson reef at night.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:31am - May 4,16 
Are guys just up there marking fish on their electronics? Season doesn't open until Saturday.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: