Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:44pm - Jun 25,19 
Not sure if it's against the site guidelines, or anything... so moderators, please remove the links if necessary, but here's a link to a very, very well done, 9 page story of investigative journalism, and a video that confirms what many people have thought for a very long time... Mike Long is a cheater, and now he finally got burned. The article is really long, so be prepared for that, but it's an amazing read.
Saw it on multiple other fishing sites, and thought it needed more exposure, so here it is.

https://sdfish.com/general/dark-secret- ... mike-long/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4xXcp ... e=youtu.be

As of right now, I believe all of his internet content has gone down, including his Facebook page, his Instagram, YouTube channel, and his Mike Long Outdoors website. He has also lost his rod sponsor in Airrus, from what I've heard.

Last edited by pezdek1 on 09:31am - Jun 26,19, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:41am - Jun 26,19 
He lost Dobyn's back in like 2014 when the accusations really started to pile up. Airrus Rods is the rod sponsor that dropped his line after that article came out. They donated all their remaining inventory of his signature rod to a kids fishing charity to get kids fishing. Class act by them.

Very well written piece. It's like you're watching a documentary.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:44am - Jun 26,19 
Forgot to add, Mike Long is a dirt bag. His whole scheme started to unravel because a 13 year old noticed he had fish in a tank near his boat...the 13 year old kid had more morals than him and knew that wasn't right for a tournament angler to have LMB's in a tank near his boat the night before a tournament.

Dude had balls to pull the crap he pulled with honest anglers in the boat with him.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Jun 26,19 
MrFrost wrote:
He lost Dobyn's back in like 2014 when the accusations really started to pile up. Airrus Rods is the rod sponsor that dropped his line after that article came out. They donated all their remaining inventory of his signature rod to a kids fishing charity to get kids fishing. Class act by them.

Very well written piece. It's like you're watching a documentary.

Yeah, read that this morning that it was Airrus, and definitely a class act by them. Posted that before I had read more into it. And yes, he's a dirtball. Of the highest order.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - Jun 27,19 
Thanks for posting, it was a good read and I was reminded of this guy..

https://www.daily-journal.com/news/loca ... 5c95f.html

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Jun 27,19 
Wow! I forgot all about him! Dude has problems...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:23am - Jun 27,19 
Really interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Jun 27,19 
That's what happens to someone, when they think they have become a "Larger than Life" individual.

They are always looking for the easy way out and the next big thing (Big Catch) to continue to feel they are improving, or getting better at something they first, just loved to do.
They don't want to show the not so good days, or the not so big catch... They feel they have some kind of appearance to keep up with.

That kind of feeling or insecurity can overtake any one of us (if we let it)...
There is nothing wrong with having a bad day (on the Lake - Pond - River) or where ever you happen to be trying to enjoy getting a line wet.

I have played in tournaments where a rookie came out and won the biggest fish (being his first time fishing the big lake), it happens... We all shook his hand and had a good time with it.
But, when "Big Money" is involved... It changes everything... People start acting different and doing things they wouldn't even consider at times.

I feel, this is what has happen to some of these guy's... They want to be some kind of a Legend, instead of continually striving to just be a good honest person.

They have lost that feeling of teaching a young boy or girl how to enjoy this awesome sport.
They forgot, how to let someone else grab the rod when it goes off and truly enjoy watching another person having fun with the catch (no matter how big or small the fish is/was).

They need to remember, as we also do, to keep things in perspective and cheer for those fisherman or fisher women who are having a better day than us.

Anyways, that's My two cents worth!
Good Luck to All.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:10pm - Jun 28,19 
Heres what I got from the article...

How the hell could these guys not know he was cheating while being in the boat with him? My guess is that they knew all along, but once the speculation started, they tried to distance themselves from him.

Another thing, must be a lot of soft people out in San Diego fishing for bass. At one point does a grown man not say something? Grow a pair and expose this guy from the start. Ridiculous.

Good read.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Jun 28,19 
reno wrote:

How the hell could these guys not know he was cheating while being in the boat with him? My guess is that they knew all along, but once the speculation started, they tried to distance themselves from him.

Another thing, must be a lot of soft people out in San Diego fishing for bass. At one point does a grown man not say something? Grow a pair and expose this guy from the start. Ridiculous.

Good read.

It's no different than people being completely shocked to learn that in the 80s and early 90s guys like Babe Winkelman and Al Linder were raging alcoholics/druggies... You don't want to be the person who brings down your hero...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40am - Jun 30,19 
The Great One wrote:
reno wrote:

Good read.

It's no different than people being completely shocked to learn that in the 80s and early 90s guys like Babe Winkelman and Al Linder were raging alcoholics/druggies... You don't want to be the person who brings down your hero...

Wrong Lindner, Ron was the alchoholic. Never heard anything bad about the Babe.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:43pm - Jun 30,19 
Bulldawg wrote:
The Great One wrote:
reno wrote:

Good read.

Wrong Lindner, Ron was the alchoholic. Never heard anything bad about the Babe.

Babe was/is a crazy alcoholic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Latest Topics  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: