Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 01:54pm - Jan 5,18 
Hope everyone had a great holiday season. Now it's time to back to thinking about fishing. All the "Learn Lake Michigan' seminar info and sign up is at http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lak ... minars.php

I am expecting this year to be the best ever. It will be at the Hammond, IN Cabela's location on Feb 17th and 18th from 10 AM till 2 PM. Few changes this year: 2 days - one day salmon/trout and one day smallmouth bass, both morning seminars, also limited food but food is available at Cabela's, the hall space is much smaller than where we hosted this previously, sign up at the door might not be available if the space is already filled. I have been working on a power point to go along with the talking this should help us stay on track.

The smallmouth portion of the seminars will be on Feb. 17th from 10 AM till 2 PM

Ryan Whitacre will be helping again with the Lake Michigan smallmouth bass section. Ryan had another great year fishing both from shore, boat, and in tournaments on the Great Lakes. If your not familiar with Ryan he is one of the best if not the best smallmouth fisherman in Chicago. Last year he did the seminars with me and did a really great job, I am looking forward to hearing more from him this year.

Sign up has been really good so far and I am expecting a full house. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Ralph

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:38pm - Jan 7,18 
Big thanks to everyone who signed up for the Learn Lake Michigan Seminars. Looks like it will be another big turnout. I have been working on finalizing the power point presentation for the smallmouth seminar today. It has turned out awesome, I think everyone will find some value in this. I have incorporated Google Chrome Earth so we will have 3D angles of the lake to discuss transitions, casting angles, boat control, etc. I am not using this to discuss every location on the lake. Just areas that have something for us to learn from. It turned out really cool, looking forward to showing everyone. Sign up at: https://www.captainsreports.net/tackles ... ry&path=38

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:52am - Jan 12,18 
The smallmouth bass portion of the seminars will be held on Feb. 17th at the Hammond, Cabela’s location. Here’s just a short break down of what will be covered in detail at the seminars. Hope to see you there, space is very limited. Sign up at: https://www.captainsreports.net/tackles ... ry&path=38

• Early spring cold water tactics and bait choice
• Understanding what water temperatures mean
• Transitions and movements based on water temperatures
• Understanding forage base throughout the year
• Spring bait choice and locations for success
• Boat control and how to find smallmouth using your electronics
• How to find spawning areas and fish them efficiently
• Post spawn summer locations and bait choice
• Ways to be successful in early fall and late fall, seasonal movements throughout fall, and bait choice
• Shore techniques and locations presented by Ryan Whitacre​
• Proper equipment for fishing techniques
• How and when to fish specific lures – Blade baits, grubs, tube jigs, darters, finesse jigs, swimbaits, drop shot, ned rig, jerkbaits, crankbaits, spnnerbaits, top water, and more

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23pm - Jan 13,18 
How many spots left ?

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Jan 13,18 
Around 1/2 filled right now. still spots available. Sign ups have been going great. Looking like it will be a full house again this year. This will be the best and most informative seminar I have ever done. The power point presentation is awesome. I have been working on it for a long, long time. Packed with pictures, info, and google chrome earth 3D images of the lake. I really like it, should be a great. I am really looking forward to this. Hope you can make it, tell your fishing buddies for me.

Thanks Ralph

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:13am - Jan 24,18 
I will be working at the Shimano/G.Loomis/Jackall/Power Pro booth at the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo - Schaumburg, IL. I will be there Thursday thru Sunday. Stop by and talk some fishing with me. I also have two seminars at the Hawg Trough, Thursday at 3:30 and Sunday at 12:30 both will be focused on Great Lakes smallmouth fishing. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. If you can't make it there check out the up coming detailed 2018 Learn Lake Michigan Seminars.

Seminar info at:http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lake-michigan-seminars.php

Also for anyone who's tired of sitting around and is ready to get back to fishing. I will be running trips on the boat on Lake Michigan all of Feb and March for jigging lake trout and casting for browns and cohos. Give me a call, dates are limited. More info at: www.captsteiger.com

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:36pm - Feb 6,18 
Hey guys the learn Lake Michigan seminars are coming up on February 17th and 18th. There are still spots available, hope to see everyone there. Here's a link with more info, let me know if anyone has any questions. http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lak ... minars.php

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:09am - Feb 8,18 
If you needed even more of a reason to come. We will be doing our free raffle again for everyone attending. We will be giving away a ton of products again from Northland Tackle, Shimano, Jackall Lures, Lure Craft and Tow Boat US. Everyone will leave with some new great tackle. Hope this get you motivated to come join me. More info at: http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lak ... minars.php

These seminars are a great way to learn a bunch, meet some other fisherman from the area, and get out of the house!

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:03am - Feb 13,18 
Only six spots remain open for the Smallmouth seminar this upcoming Saturday February 17th. Around a dozen spots open for the salmon and trout portion on Sunday February 18th. Hope to see you there, we're going to have a full house with tons of great fishing info! Sign up info at: http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/lak ... minars.php

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 08:46am - Feb 14,18 
Only 2 spots left open

Sign up at the door will not be available. If this is a issue for anyone please contact me. 219-688-3593

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 04:29pm - Feb 14,18 
The smallmouth portion of this weekends 2018 Learn Lake Michigan Seminars is now closed for sign ups. There will NOT be sign ups at the door. For anyone who wants to still possibly come send me a message if we have a cancelation I will contact you. A huge thanks to everyone who signed up, I am really looking forward to this weekend. We still have around 10 spots open for the salmon/trout seminar on Sunday.

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 05:58pm - Feb 16,18 
Due to a cancellation we have one seat available for tomorrow morning's Smallmouth seminar at the Hammond Cabela's location cost is $40 per person. Seminar starts yat 10 sign in starts at 9. No sign-ups will be taken at the door. Give me a call for anyone who would like the open spot 219-688-3593

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:56pm - Feb 16,18 
Completely filled up for both the smallmouth and the salmon and trout seminar this weekend. Thank you guys for signing up if we find a way to get any extra room for tomorrow I will post first thing in the morning there will be no sign ups at the door

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 05:07pm - Feb 17,18 
A huge thanks to everyone who came out to the smallmouth portion of the 2018 Learn Lake Michigan Seminars today. I really appreciate everyone sticking around even though we went much longer than expected. As much planning as we do it's hard to get that amount of info out in a timely manner. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and learned a few new tricks. We are always trying to improve this event and I am already thinking of ways to stay on time for next year. For anyone who missed anything please contact me and I will be glad to help you out in anyway. Thanks again for coming.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: