Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:57pm - Jan 10,18 
Captain Mike, who can now also be called Grandpa Mike, created a new website for us.

http://www.schooloffishcharters.com

We think it’s good, but we would like any feedback from our fellow anglers and outdoorsmen. Anything else needed? Did we miss anything? More pictures needed? More Videos? Video tour of the boat? Pictures of the equipment or electronics?

Also, is it important to you to book and send deposits online? We do not have that function currently.

All thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year and tight lines to every ChiTown Angler.

President, Trollers Unlimited, Inc.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:19pm - Jan 10,18 
Hi Scott,
New site looks good. I wouldn't book a trip without talking with Capt. first. So booking on line is something I would't do. Paying on line ?? Not important too me. If that's what Capt. prefers, sure. Some more pictures of boat, gear and electronics could impress and videos of big fish getting cought or kids having fun are always good.

One idea - suggestion, a few times a year i'm asked if I know a Capt. Who is willing to go out on their boat and help them learn how to fish - set up - gear up. I recomend taking charters, spllit trips, SU IL.... But having a succesful pro on board for a trip is what they want.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:38pm - Jan 10,18 
You might want to add some blurps about how "impeccably well maintained your ship and fishing equipment is".

Also something about how safety is your most important factor.

I'll admit the first thing I look at if/when thinking about a charter is the guys equipment.

Of course more pictures of the boat. Photos of Tiaras are like boat p**n! (rhymes with horn)

Maybe something about how easy the free parking is and the short walk from your car to the good times?

Do you do a "no fish" type guarantee?

Any good dining/libation options close for celebrating the days catch after?

Good luck and the site looks good! :winker

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Jan 10,18 
Site looks great Scott. Congrats to Grandpa Mike too.

Only thing I can think of adding, is the evening-night bite option for when the big Kings start to move in.

The pictures and videos are not helping my cabin fever. :bang

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:47am - Jan 11,18 
Spelling error in "Meet the Captains" Mike has taught many Captains in the TRI state area, not TRIP state area.

Nice looking site, clean and easy to navigate. Add a Captains favorite recipes tab???? Admittedly I'm a foodie!

~John

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:31am - Jan 11,18 
Looks good. I like the simple straight forward web design, easy to manipulate. I haven't really looked at many other sites for comparison.

All the aforementioned suggestions sound good. As said a good picture of the boats dash with electronics plus mention of the overall COST of this electronic equipment always astonishes me as I'm sure it would any customers.

I love the Board pictures- with all the fish hanging. Looks like the big haul is bending that board downwards. A picture of a big Yellow bird spread from another boats view might be good to show also.

Another section with some action videos... people like videos... maybe throw in some "bikini babes"...(just kidding on that one), but some fish fighting, netting, A good shot or better yet video of a flying Steelie out the back would be nice.etc.

Have a great Season! :D

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 09:12am - Jan 11,18 
Site looks great.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 12:16pm - Jan 11,18 
Nice job!!!

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:12am - Jan 18,18 
Thank you all for the feedback. Sorry I didn't respond earlier but a little busy with work and youth hockey in full swing.

rodm wrote:
Hi Scott,
New site looks good. I wouldn't book a trip without talking with Capt. first. So booking on line is something I would't do. Paying on line ?? Not important too me. If that's what Capt. prefers, sure. Some more pictures of boat, gear and electronics could impress and videos of big fish getting cought or kids having fun are always good.

One idea - suggestion, a few times a year i'm asked if I know a Capt. Who is willing to go out on their boat and help them learn how to fish - set up - gear up. I recomend taking charters, spllit trips, SU IL.... But having a successful pro on board for a trip is what they want.

Appreciate the feedback. Trust me, the captains always prefer cash in hand. When the boat is out of its winter blanket I'll do a tour of the boat, maybe by video. I'm going to try to get drone shots in the spring and I think we have a TV show filming a segment on targeting mid-summer, deep water lakers booked. There may be copyright issues with that though. We always do several trips each summer helping guys run their own boats. I think I did 2 and Mike did 3-4 last year.

Windy City wrote:
You might want to add some blurps about how "impeccably well maintained your ship and fishing equipment is".

Also something about how safety is your most important factor.

I'll admit the first thing I look at if/when thinking about a charter is the guys equipment.

Of course more pictures of the boat. Photos of Tiaras are like boat p**n! (rhymes with horn)

Maybe something about how easy the free parking is and the short walk from your car to the good times?

Do you do a "no fish" type guarantee?

Any good dining/libation options close for celebrating the days catch after?

Good luck and the site looks good! :winker

Great ideas. I'll also make sure to add the Metra stop is walking distance. We get groups every year who hop the train up and then Uber it back to the city. Very popular on Thursday and Friday afternoons. I can add equipment section. and of course safety is always number 1. Yes its no fish no pay in Waukegan and Chicago. Not for Sturgeon Bay if we go there this year. I'll put in that both Green Town Tavern and the Yacht Club have cook your catch options in Waukegan.

Tom wrote:
Site looks great Scott. Congrats to Grandpa Mike too.

Only thing I can think of adding, is the evening-night bite option for when the big Kings start to move in.

The pictures and videos are not helping my cabin fever. :bang

Tom

Thanks Tom. Ill add some night photos with the underwater lighting system and night fishing. As you know we adjust our trip times for the morning crew always gets 2 hours pre-sunrise and the evening crew gets 2 hour after sunset.

WarriorVersion1 wrote:
Spelling error in "Meet the Captains" Mike has taught many Captains in the TRI state area, not TRIP state area.

Nice looking site, clean and easy to navigate. Add a Captains favorite recipes tab???? Admittedly I'm a foodie!

~John

OOPS. Thanks. Unfortunately I wouldn't know about recopies because I can't keep the fish. I'll have to ask my regular customers.

Bubbalouie wrote:
Looks good. I like the simple straight forward web design, easy to manipulate. I haven't really looked at many other sites for comparison.

All the aforementioned suggestions sound good. As said a good picture of the boats dash with electronics plus mention of the overall COST of this electronic equipment always astonishes me as I'm sure it would any customers.

I love the Board pictures- with all the fish hanging. Looks like the big haul is bending that board downwards. A picture of a big Yellow bird spread from another boats view might be good to show also.

Another section with some action videos... people like videos... maybe throw in some "bikini babes"...(just kidding on that one), but some fish fighting, netting, A good shot or better yet video of a flying Steelie out the back would be nice.etc.

Have a great Season! :D

Thanks buddy. I actually won't put in the cost because some people actually get upset when I tell them. Nearly every person asks what the boat and equipment cost. The majority think I'm lying and do not believe it. I've reached the point that I try to dodge that question because so many people think I'm lying to get a bigger tip. Occasionally I need to stop at the gas dock with a crew on board between trips and its a real eye-opener to them when I put in $800.00 of fuel.

Thank you all again !!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:28am - Jan 18,18 
Maybe I missed it???

I would add to your site, what each trip includes, I did see somewhere you clean and bag the fish as part of the trip, but that might want to be included in a description of what your getting on a trip. Sell your experience (how many hours or trips did you do last year how many years you have been a charter) (Personal best fish out of the boat? Salmon-a-rama finishes? )

Safety??????, Are you CPR cert? Coast Guard inspected? on board first aide kit? I would add as much detail as possible to inform others in case something comes up you are prepared

TBH I'm not a big fan of the white script of the picture backgrounds, they are hard on the eyes. the white on the white boat is a good example. (sorry but rather be honest)

Once the season starts a good video of above the deck with sound and a double or triple on would be really eye catching, easy GoPro type thing

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:14am - Feb 15,18 
I would like to see a picture of the dash and equipment you have on board

you go the good stuff should be showing it off

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:43am - Feb 15,18 
Thanks Frank. When I take off the winter blanket I’ll do photos and maybe a video tour of the boat. I also have to install new downriggers.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: