Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:06am - Jun 30,16 
ITS JUST TOUGH TO ARGUE WITH

>POWER STEERING
WOULD YOU BUY A CAR WITH OUT IT ?

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
AGAIN WOULD YOU BUY A CAR YOUR WIFE HAS TO DRIVE WITH OUT IT ?
WELL ALTHOUGH ITS NOT THE TRANSMISSION IT SERVES A VERY SIMILAR PURPOSE TO A BOAT
> FULLY AUTOMATIC POWER TRIM FOR THE MOTOR CONTROLLED BY COMPUTER MUCH SMARTER THAN WE CAN IMAGINE
I HAVE BEEN RUNNING BOATS FOR HALF A CENTURY AND CANT DO QUITE AS GOOD A JOB MANUALLY THIS AL.,OWS EVERY ONE TO BE A BETTER THAN EXPERT

>ELECTRONIC THROTTLE AND SHIFT
BETTER CONTROL MIGHT BE THE EQUIVALENT TO POWER WINDOWS AND DOOR-LOCKS TO THE CONSUMER BUT ALSO MAKES RIGGING FOR THE DEALER AND FACTORY EASY CLEAN AND PERFECT EVERY TIME

> 6 YEAR WARRANTY
> PRICE REDUCTION FOR 2017
> FREE STD RIGGING PACKAGE FOR THE YEAR
> BEST IN CLASS FUEL ECONOMY
> 2 STOKE TECHNOLOGY IS BACK AND ITS BACK AT A LEVEL THAT CAN NOT BE MATCHED BY ANY 4 STROKE THANKS TO DIRECT INJECTION
THAT'S WHY THE PREMIUM EQUIPPED CARS TODAY ALL ARE NOW USING DIRECT INJECTION
TO NAME A FEW Porsche Lamborghini Ferrari yes today now even Ford and Chevy Honda Toyota

THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED AND RAISED HIGH !! THE OTHER MARINE ENGINE BUILDERS HAVE SOME CATCHING UP TO DO

DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR DON'T BuY YOUR WIFE A CAR WITH MANUAL TRANS CRANK UP WINDOWS !
AND DON'T LET HER DRIVE YOU NEW BOAT WITH A g2 EVIN RUDE ON IT ! SHE WONT LET YOU HAVE IT BACK !

https://www.facebook.com/BRPEvinrude/vi ... 309586553/

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:58am - Jun 30,16 
Did you hear the story of the 26' boat that the Evinrude guys had rigged with twins, a 200 Yamidog and a new 150 G2?

Seems the Yami had a hard time getting it up! Matter of fact, it never did.

Boat planed with no issue with the 150 G2.

Watch for that video!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:14am - Jun 30,16 
RODE IT THIS LAST WEEK AT THE brp DEALER MEETING

LIKE SAID THESE NEW G-2 ARE GAME CHANGERS "NOT YOUR DADS OLD TWO STOKE" IS A TOTAL UNDERSTATEMENT
QUIET BEST IN CLASS WARRANTY AND FUEL ECONOMY EVERY THING AND MORE THAT ANY THING ELSE IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY

ALL THAT AND FAST !! WOW IS ALSO A UNDERSTATEMENT

Profile WWW  

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 08:24am - Jun 30,16 
I would be worried. they said the same stuff about the Etec and lots of people have problems with them. Give it a few years and see what gremlins pop up. I hope it does very well. USA

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:41am - Jun 30,16 
Bought my boat in 2013 with 250hrs with a 250Etec, now pushing 1,000hrs with no issues...No mid-season oil changes or service calls required!

Once I hit 1500hrs(2018) a new G2 300hp will be on the back of this boat!

www.facebook.com/SUIllinois

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:46am - Jun 30,16 
When you say power steering do you mean hydraulic?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:29pm - Jun 30,16 
choupiquer wrote:

It is full power assisted hydraulic steering. It is actually dynamic, as is the power trim. Depending on conditions, speed, loading, etc. the computer inputs and makes adjustments to steering pressures and trims.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:19pm - Jun 30,16 
[youtube] https://youtu.be/d5QrJvk4aWE [/youtube]

Have a gander at this.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:56pm - Jun 30,16 
choupiquer wrote:

ALL g-2 MOTORS HAVE HYD CYLINDERS STD EQUIPMENT BUILT INTO THE TRANSOM BRACKET THERE IS A OPTIONAL POWER ASSISTED STEERING ALSO BUILT INTO THE TRANSOM BRACKET
THE POWER ASSISTED ONES STEER JUST LIKE POWER STEERING ON ANY CAR WITH ONE EXCEPTION IT IS TUNE ABLE CAN SET FOR GO FAST BOAT CRUISER OR A PONTOON TYPE
ITS QUITE REMARKABLE AND MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE OPTION THAN ANY OTHER POWER ASSISTED STEERING AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER BRAND OR AS ADDED ON EQUIPMENT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANOTHER BATTERY OR ANY COMPONENTS IN THE BOAT BESIDES THE HYD. HELM AND HOSES BACK TO THE MOTOR
THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED THIS WILL SOME DAY BE THE STANDARD
i GOT TO ASK THIS QUESTION ?
WOULD YOU BUY A NEW CAR TODAY WITHOUT POWER STEERING ?

I SUSPECT THESE OPTIONS WILL SOON BE THE COMMON PLACE ON MOST ALL BRANDS OF OUT BOARDS EVENTUALLY
ITS NO LONGER GOING TO BE A ARM WRESTLING EVENT DRIVING A BOAT WITH A OUT BOARD POWER

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:03am - Jul 1,16 
honda cat wrote:
choupiquer wrote:

ALL g-2 MOTORS HAVE HYD CYLINDERS STD EQUIPMENT BUILT INTO THE TRANSOM BRACKET THERE IS A OPTIONAL POWER ASSISTED STEERING ALSO BUILT INTO THE TRANSOM BRACKET
THE POWER ASSISTED ONES STEER JUST LIKE POWER STEERING ON ANY CAR WITH ONE EXCEPTION IT IS TUNE ABLE CAN SET FOR GO FAST BOAT CRUISER OR A PONTOON TYPE
ITS QUITE REMARKABLE AND MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE OPTION THAN ANY OTHER POWER ASSISTED STEERING AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER BRAND OR AS ADDED ON EQUIPMENT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANOTHER BATTERY OR ANY COMPONENTS IN THE BOAT BESIDES THE HYD. HELM AND HOSES BACK TO THE MOTOR
THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED THIS WILL SOME DAY BE THE STANDARD
i GOT TO ASK THIS QUESTION ?
WOULD YOU BUY A NEW CAR TODAY WITHOUT POWER STEERING ?

I SUSPECT THESE OPTIONS WILL SOON BE THE COMMON PLACE ON MOST ALL BRANDS OF OUT BOARDS EVENTUALLY
ITS NO LONGER GOING TO BE A ARM WRESTLING EVENT DRIVING A BOAT WITH A OUT BOARD POWER

ONE OTHER THING WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE

' THE AUTO TRIM FEATURE"
I got to tell this was also amazing and brings up another insetting question
how many of us know some one that knows how to operate the trim on their boat properly let alone properly all the time ?

Well this G-2 does it all the time perfectly totally amazing all automatic and easily is overridden with a tap of the trim switch
trim it all the way down before you take off and that's it ! trims itself up as needed and back down as you slow down keeps trim perfect all the time unless you choose to do it manually
I have been running boats for a long time and thought i really know how to trim a motor but yet this is another job done better by a computer every time

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:29am - Jul 1,16 
My Seastar works really well............until some of the fluid disappears and air gets into the system. :? Not really sure how to solve that problem other that bleeding the line every year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29am - Jul 2,16 
choupiquer wrote:
My Seastar works really well............until some of the fluid disappears and air gets into the system. :? Not really sure how to solve that problem other that bleeding the line every year.

last year sea star introduced a new steering cylinder cap and seal system that greatly improves the life cycle of the steering cylinder seals (most commonly the cause of problem you described ) its easily identified by 8 spanner wrench slots/holes in the end caps old style only had 4
these cylinders and easily be updated by adding the new end caps solving most of this type of problem
check your end caps if there is any signs of oil even the slightest oil around the seals this is no doubt your problem we have the parts in stock to repair
as part of a emergency kit for every one that has the older tradition sea star style steering extra steering fluid should be kept on board as well as a lock system to lock eng, in straight fwd position fro trailing or emergencies

frank
fill the box

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:11pm - Jul 2,16 
Thanks, Frank. I have a 2005 Blazer Bay with a 200 Yamaha. Can I order the new end caps and whatever else I need to complete the repair?

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: