Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Oct 25,12 
... and everything you ever wanted to know about Patient Pursuit and VCP. :crazy

After becoming a member of this site as a part of my fishing hobby, which grew out of control because of this site, I thought why not have my families business tag along as a sponsor to generate a few extra business leads. VCP Printing has been a sponsor of Chitown Angler for a little over a year now and I never really explained who we are or what we do other than what's in the banner at the top of some of the pages and in my signature line. Honestly, I never really wanted to be known as a sponsor as much as I wanted to make new friends to hang out with and learn from out on Lake Michigan and inland fishing. I think I'm seen more of as a sponsor than a fellow angler, but that's alright. I learned to deal with it and I have met some great new friends and had an awesome time learning how to fish on Lake Michigan from some of the greats either first hand or from all of your posts. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have fished with and met so many great people from this site like Bubbalouie, Forestfish, Bass1388, Esox Tracker, Bottomdweller76, Hoodwinked, TheRedHand, Runnin Bare, Greylion, Johnny Finn and Tinyfisher, Michigander Jr, Twekd1, CWojo, Fishin Maniac, Seaniletoo and the list goes on!

VCP has been in business for almost 30 years. We started as a general commercial printer in a small rental unit in Bensenville, IL with 1 printing press sitting alone in an otherwise empty warehouse that my dad purchased to launch his next 30+ years of entrepreneurship. I started working for my dad as soon as that first piece of equipment got delivered about a year after I graduated from high school and I stuck with the business pretty much since the day it opened. For the first year or so my brother and I worked on and off for Dad on IOU slips working at different pay rates whether we were sweeping the floor or working in production as the business grew. It was an odd payroll arrangement, but I still have a handwritten time-sheet somewhere detailing everything I did during the course of a day/week at various pay rates. In the first decade the business started to grow and so did the hours. I hit a point where I was working every waking hour of the day and sometimes in my sleep with my longest day being just short of 24 hours, and my dad pretty much always worked more hours than me.

Needless to say, being involved in the family business since its inception and for the decades that followed had been quite an adventure and still is. Not long after I started working for my dad, my brother started and in the years that followed eventually my entire family was working for the company and we continue to stick together through thick and thin including my Dad, 1 brother, 3 sisters, and my mom who passed away a few years ago. Other than the immediate family we have about a dozen non-family coworkers, who of course are like family to us.

Contrary to the banners I had our designers make for this site, our main business has always been focused on commercial printing including general marketing materials from business cards, stationary, brochures, pocket folders, etc, to newsletters, product catalogs and poster type of printing. Over 90% of everything we do is in-house, on our equipment, and by some very talented individuals. Being that we are suppliers of producing marketing materials it was natural for us to expand in different directions related to marketing such as direct mail services and website development. Plus we are always up for the challenge of expanding to new areas of printing that customers are in need of, which keeps us going in multiple directions whether good or bad.

More recently in the past couple of years, my brother Mark helped to expand the business in a new direction with wide format printing starting mainly with posters and banners with some ending up at high-profile events and trade shows for high-end corporate customers who have extended numerous rave reviews about the quality they receive from VCP Printing. With the new capabilities and Mark's expertise with operating the equipment and overcoming obstacles, it opened the door to new opportunities such as decals, stickers and vehicle wraps, which I felt was something of value to Chitown Angler members, which is what convinced me to become a sponsor.

One of the more interesting and most recent services that we now have to offer is custom wallpaper printing with photos supplied by the customer, which is what prompted me to finally write this introduction letter. This is something that has already been supplied to a local community college, some dentist offices, and soon to be installed on Navy Pier through our relationship with a local photographer that we have worked with for many years. If you have ever thought it would be cool to blow up one of your favorite photos for a wall in your home, office, or small business meeting room, this is something we are excited to be offering that you can purchase directly through our website at http://www.worldwidewallmurals.com.

If there are any commercial printing needs that you may have or you know someone whose looking for a good printer, we're only a click away at http://www.vcpprint.com now located in Algonquin, IL.

If you made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read!

PP

Last edited by Patient Pursuit on 08:52am - Oct 26,12, edited 2 times in total.
 Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 04:01am - Oct 26,12 
Will be contacting you later today. :winker

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:56am - Oct 26,12 
Thanks for the Intro to, and history of the business Herb. I never quite understood the scope of VCP besides seeing the Tshirts and Flags made for the Southwest Lake Michigan Tournament series.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00am - Oct 26,12 
:gpost

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:23am - Oct 26,12 
Thanks for some background on the family business Herb. It's nice to hear about a business expanding it's services to meet changing demands with positive results.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36pm - Oct 26,12 
I would like to recomend VCP
we use them when ever we can been great to deal with and always have done a excellent job for us

from simple boat reg letters / numbers
to custom names and grafics

not to mention a great member and contributer to this site !!

lImage

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:35am - Oct 27,12 
Thank you for your positive comments and your informative “introduction” Herb. You certainly fit right in with all the other great sponsors we have on Chi-town.

We are very fortunate to have sponsors such as you (and Honda Cat-above). I have dealt with most and they all give us the highest level of satisfaction. I consider them friends and not merely business acquaintances.

We wish you a successful and productive oncoming year- business and fishing- wise.

Bruce

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:54pm - Oct 27,12 
Wonder how many guys said said "Hey, I could use something like that".....
Hope I wasn't the only one :oops:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23am - Oct 28,12 
just some thing as simple as boat numbers and letters

give then a call

by the time you buy the numbering kit and put it on your boat
we have all seen the numbers and letters on boats its not streight its not a contrasting color
just looks like crap

give them a call you get the numbers and letters in one strip you peel the back off clean the boat slap them on and peel the wax paper off the front fast simple and all in a perfect line any color you want

or you can buy a boat from us i gaurantee it will have at least vcp numbers on it LOL
look good and catch fish!!

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:12pm - Oct 28,12 
Herb,

This may be way outside the box but do you do photohraphs to puzzles?

T-Bo

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:16pm - Oct 28,12 
I can't say for sure, but I think the only puzzle is what can't they do well! ;)! Almost done with the first small project with them. Won't be the last.

Thanks Herb!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:43am - Oct 31,12 
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Frank, Someday I need to take JayD up on the offer to take me out on that bad girl you rigged up for some killer fishing in Michigan.

T-Bo, I checked into the puzzles and we cannot do that at the present time. Printing on puzzle blanks requires a different kind of printer than we have. However, at walgreens.com you can upload your photos into an account and place the order online for a puzzle for about $15.

Interestingly enough we have done magnetic puzzles for a corporate customer as a specialty item, which I think they use in presentations. Being that the magnetic material was thin enough and on a sheet, we could print it on paper, which got laminated to the magnet material, then run through through a contour cutter to score the puzzle shapes, which then were hand cut. Labor intensive, but it worked and the client was happy. Obviously not a 300 piece puzzle.

Appreciate the inquiry - THANKS!

~Herb

Profile WWW  

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: