Author
Search for:
Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 07:40am - Dec 27,11 
I want to thank kayakangler for his help and info on select items that I was looking to purchase. I wanted to help support a smaller business other than my normal BPS. I am not against the bigger stores but feel I needed to start thinking a little bit more about where my hard earned money is spent. So I called up Lake Michigan Angler, asked a bunch of questions, and got great advice in return. In fact, the original phone call lasted 20 minutes or so, and it felt like I was talking with a good friend and that I was not just another customer.

As many members have said before....Thanks for your help!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27am - Dec 27,11 
+1 I stopped in last week to check on some prices after hitting the harbor in the morning. Picked up some stocking stuffers. Gulp alive was same price as BPS. Ice jigs sold individually for .99-1.19 marmoska and Moon, new bucket rod holder for my son - same as BPS. Great store and great people. Obviously not worth a special trip, but glad I made it a part of my route that day.

Dale

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:30am - Dec 27,11 
+2 I have been in the store a couple of times myself, they seem to be well stocked and if they don’t have what your looking for they will try and order it for you from what I have been told.

My wife actually drove up there to buy some tackle for me for Christmas and she said Rob helped her with her choices as she is not a fisherperson and had no idea what to buy.
So now I have some new tackle and a Gift card to go along with it from Lake Michigan Angler.
So if your up by Winthrop Harbor stop in the store and Support a local small business rather than the Big Box stores

Note to Rob if the wife ever comes back in to shop don’t be afraid to lead her to the higher end stuff. :D

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:32pm - Dec 27,11 
+3 This place is floating on a bed of titties. It has to be the cleanest, best organized tackle shop i have ever seen. The only negative for me is the distance. I made a point of hitting all the small shops from Mik-Muffin to Lake Michigan Angler Store and everywhere in between and this place is AWESOME. It has everything a salmon dude would want to put their hands on and look at.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:23pm - Dec 28,11 
Thanks for all the kind words guys! We look foward to seeing everyone in the store or hopefully on the water.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: