Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:12am - Dec 14,11 
Order Page: http://www.vcpprint.com/chitown-angler-specials.php

This is it guys. There are now 3 Flag buying options available. There will be no more changes this year. The current options and pricing are final. If you want Chitown Angler flags, come and get 'em.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:59pm - Dec 14,11 
Zowie!!!! Ordered mine a few minutes ago. Tough to decide- liked them all, so I ordered one of each- boat, shanty, wife's car.... oops! :oops: She didn't want "Bubbalouie's Babe" on the front of the car for some reason.... so I didn't get that one- Just the three!!

Just ran out to the mail box to see if they were here yet.... I bet they'll be here tomorrow- All Right!!! 8)~ :thanks

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:54pm - Dec 14,11 
For the guys who may want to use the flag on the ice and on their boats in the soft water season, keep in mind that orange is used as a "vessel in distress" signal.
Might want to pick a different color if ya want to use it for all seasons, esp. on LM.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:08pm - Dec 14,11 
MikeF wrote:
For the guys who may want to use the flag on the ice and on their boats in the soft water season, keep in mind that orange is used as a "vessel in distress" signal.
Might want to pick a different color if ya want to use it for all seasons, esp. on LM.

Good point! I will gladly change to a different background color for the generic flags. What color will work best for everyone?
Thank you for the feedback!!!

And thank you Bubbalouie for your order!

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:40am - Dec 15,11 
Mike- Great point regarding the orange colored flags. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the original idea for these flags was for ice fishing primarily.

I had never considered that fact re: ice fishing. I grew up using tip-ups with orange flag and/or red flags and just never thought of it on the ice. A larger orange flag might cause some alarm.

I did have the foresight though, to have ordered my custom flag for the boat in Black and White. Thought about using Red as I have some Red Trim, but didn’t want to use Red either, for the exact fact you mentioned.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:08am - Dec 15,11 
Thanks Bruce.

The way I'm keeping costs down with the 2 generic flag options are eliminating customization and printing in batches of 50. Then keeping the unsold ones on a shelf for fulfilling future orders with assuming they will eventually sell. I may even bring some with me to sell while out on the ice.

I don't mind producing 4 batches with 1 batch of (color 1) rectangle, 1 batch of (color 1) triangle, 1 batch of (color 2) rectangle, and 1 batch of (color 2) triangle.

I will need Chitowners to use this thread to work out a final set of colors and dictate to me what they should be. I have yet to start on the printing so the choice of the two background colors is completely up to you guys.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:20am - Dec 15,11 
Bruce

I would think that a guy who can afford fancy led lights on the trailer, could probably cough up the the coin to buy a flag for every season.

Buy a couple of flags.

Regardless what the Doc told you last time, the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter than the light behind you. :rotflmao

An American made product made by a local vender. 8)~

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Dec 15,11 
I dont think 200 more is gonna be enough!, Especially if they are gonna be available on the ice aswell. PM sent

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:11pm - Dec 15,11 
MikeF wrote:
Bruce

I would think that a guy who can afford fancy led lights on the trailer, could probably cough up the the coin to buy a flag for every season.

Buy a couple of flags.

Mike- I did. I ordered three. With my propensity to lose things and at these prices, maybe I should order more.

MikeF wrote:
Regardless what the Doc told you last time, the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter than the light behind you. :rotflmao

I was wondering what my gastroenterologist was saying during my colonoscopy-

MikeF wrote:
An American made product made by a local vender. 8)~

Yyyyuppp!!! And a Chitowner to boot!!!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:41pm - Dec 15,11 
Quote:
I was wondering what my gastroenterologist was saying during my colonoscopy-

:shock

Uuummm

Not quite what I was refering to, but thanks for sharing, I think.

Disclaimer
This post has absolutly no value to the OP other than to kick the post up top.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:22pm - Dec 15,11 
TommyFish, thanks for the feedback on your PM.

TommyFish stated that he had not purchased one yet because he is not particularly fond of the design compared to a black one suggested last year. (No offense taken by me Tom.) He also would rather mail payment to me directly other than to use a credit card.

Mainly he was thinking more of a flag design like Marc suggested last year at http://www.chitownangler.com/1fish/view ... o&start=37 instead of the artwork from the site header.

First of all, I will gladly accept orders via PM and I will send you an address of where to mail the payment to. The order form was created for everyone's convenience. If it's more convenient to PM your order and mail in payment, that works for me.

Regarding the suggested design, I would need to get approval from the artist to use it. According to the post it was a sticker produced by EdKaz and I would need approval from him to use it. However, I do not know EdKaz.

Who would buy one if it was changed to that design or similar?

Any other suggestions?

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Dec 15,11 
A Captain friend just informed me that a distress flag is an orange square flag 3'x3' with a black square and a black circle. This is per CFP's. A small orange flag is ok.
Distress is any flag hung upside down.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:20pm - Dec 15,11 
A small orange pennant is not going to cause any problems. Like our Captain friend said, a true distress flag is way bigger and with specific shapes so that it isn't confused for something else.

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: