Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:25am - Apr 22,19 
was on fire sunday , caught over 20 bass , most between 12 and 14 one over 20 !!!!!!! water upper 50's

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:33pm - Apr 22,19 
Were the Gills Bedding yet.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:06pm - Apr 22,19 
wilbur wrote:

I'd say it's a bit early for that pretty much anywhere in northern Illinois. I fish a lot of strip pits down around Mazonia as I'm a member at SWSC, and the crappie haven't even spawned out yet. Water temps only around 50-55 degrees. Crappie really start to move shallow in those pits around the 55 degree mark, so it's even early for them still. Gills typically don't start bedding until around 62-65 degree water temps, and actually spawn close to 70 degree temps. Have at least another month before that, IMO, unless we get a solid week of these 70+ degree temps. But it's looking like we'll mostly be in the low to mid 60s for daytime highs for the next 10 days, with lows still in the 40s at night. Just my experience over the last 7-8 years of fishing strip pits down that way. I was out last weekend(April 13th), and there weren't even baitfish or small gills actively swimming in the shallows yet, and surface temps were at 47-51. Water temps are still too cold for the gills, IMHO. I'd be out targeting crappie, though. They should be moving into the shallow bays now, or any day now. I know I'll be out crappie hunting this coming weekend.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:02am - Apr 23,19 
wilbur wrote:

not yet , i been fishing the pits 3 times a week , i'll let you know when the crappie are spawning , then the bass are spawning , and than when the gills are on the beds , so watch your computer for updates

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:04pm - Apr 23,19 
Thanks Hunterman. Appreciate it.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: