Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23am - Oct 1,19 
with the river high went out monday to see if anything was going on .... water was a little cooler ....some of the weeds were gone ... fishing seems to picked up since the last time i was out a month ago ..... .... caught about dozen nice size gills ..... no crappies...... no bass .... water will probably stay warm till closing ..... was hoping for water in the 50's

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33am - Oct 2,19 
went out again tuesday ...... almost same results...... caught over 30 gills most under 7 inch ....... 6 crappies .... no bass ........ bass have been hard to find last part of the year ....... even the small 11 to 13 inch bass seems to have disappeared

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:51am - Oct 4,19 
fished Wednesday and Thursday ........ cloudy wednesday fishing was good still no bass...... Thursday fishing was better finally one 12 inch bass ..... I suck at bass fishing .... with a 15 inch keeper size limit for bass you would think there would be a few under 15 inch fish in the pits but I cant find them this time of year ........ I'll be fishing mazonia north as much as i can till closing

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:03pm - Oct 4,19 
Which lake do you normally fish.? They close pretty soon , dont they.?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48am - Oct 5,19 
I try to fish all the pits in the north unit .... they all fish the same ...... no special one I fish . they close 2 weeks before central zone water fowl season

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:47pm - Oct 6,19 
last day to fish Oct 15..... according to the sign ...... fished 2 pits today ..... 1st pit fished for about an hour caught nothing than left went to the 2nd pit ...... nothing for about 1/2 hour than found a small spot with some branches and weeds ... for the next 1/2 hour or so crappie after crappie .. no big fish all between 7 and 8 inches ... caught 6 on 6 straight cast ..... than a crappie on every other cast ..... caught over 15 in total in that 1/2 hour ....lost a few baits than the spot went dead ... than left that spot the rest of the time a crappie here bluegill there but smaller size .....all fish released .. a good day fishing ..... almost time to get back to fishing the creeks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:28am - Oct 11,19 
fished the north unit wed and thurs .......with the big temperature drop the fish will be turning on .... finishing out the season at Pondo next week

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:55pm - Oct 12,19 
got out today ... little windy ....... surprising the fish were pretty active ....... had good catches ....will be out tomorrow

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: