Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:57am - Sep 14,17 
Any one ever fish This 3 mile stretch on the South Platte River? I've read it's one of the best stretches of water in the country for trophy browns. I'm dedicating 2 of my six days(other 4 will be cache la poudre river) to try and catch a trophy (time pending). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03pm - Sep 14,17 
While in Colorado fishing the Upper Colorado river, my son's long time friend is an avid fly fisherman (and fly tier and rod maker) and said he latched onto one of the biggest fish he encountered on the Platte. A person who has landed 22" browns, he said this one easily surpass them---as he tried to boat the fish 3 times, people were onshore watching. Truly the one big fish story that got away. So, I say "Good Luck" and write us your story when you return.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:03am - Sep 15,17 
chuckt wrote:
While in Colorado fishing the Upper Colorado river, my son's long time friend is an avid fly fisherman (and fly tier and rod maker) and said he latched onto one of the biggest fish he encountered on the Platte. A person who has landed 22" browns, he said this one easily surpass them---as he tried to boat the fish 3 times, people were onshore watching. Truly the one big fish story that got away. So, I say "Good Luck" and write us your story when you return.

Awesome, I bought a book about Colorado fly fishing and the Guide speaking on the Dream Stream said his personal best was a 17lb brown. Your buddies fish could have been just that. Couldn't imagine hooking into one of those on the fly. I'll be sure to report back.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: