Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:20pm - Aug 16,17 
Hey all...new to NW Indiana, looking for good places to go to launch my boat had catch some bass? Other species as well but mainly bass. I know South end of Lake Michigan is good and plan on heading there, but what about some of these other lakes. Lake George, Ceder Lake, Bass Lake and so on? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:05pm - Aug 16,17 
Well i don't want to sound like a debbie downer but good bass fishing a nw indiana really aren't used in the same sentence. Lake George is a mud hole, Cedar lake is more of a recreation lake. I can't speak for Bass lake. Best bet in Nwi would be the Valpo lakes. Long ,Spec and Flint hold bass but do recieve pressure. Pine-stone lake in Laporte has fish but get on early, off early as the rec crowd gets pretty heavy there too. Heading out a little east, the river in Mishawaka holds fish but be careful with your boat. Webster ,primarily known for Muskie, has bass too as do the surrounding lakes.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:37am - Aug 17,17 
Do a google search for northern Indiana bass tournaments and find the circuits and you will find the Bass lakes and their past results.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36am - Aug 17,17 
Willow Slough. Not necessarily NW Indiana, but not far. In my opinion, great bass fishing. I haven't fished there in a few years but I have always done well. Weedless frogs in the slop is killer. Although I heard that some weeks back they killed the weeds and fishing died along with the weeds. Electric trolling motors only.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - Aug 17,17 
check out wolf lake lots of bass along with pike and eyes

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:19pm - Aug 17,17 
thanks for the info...this helps, found a couple tournament sights so going to look at a map and see where they are all at. I know some of the lakes down south due to family friends living south but not t familiar with them up north. If they have bass in them, i'll figure out how to catch them. But good pan-fishing is good too since will be getting my boys out most likely next year for the first time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:41am - Aug 18,17 
Lake Michigan and wolf lake. Willow slough can be good in the spring

Have you been on Lake Michigan fishing before ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46am - Aug 18,17 
I have, but up north in Sturgeon Bay, and near the WI boarder Salmon fishing, did some perch fishing off the Zion plant that is closed and some small mouth fishing a while ago. Been on the lake many many times over the years. Probably have salmon fished well over a couple hundred times in the last 20yrs. Where on Lake Michigan are the best area's Michigan City? New Buffalo? New Haven?

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: