Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:12pm - Aug 8,17 
Hey guys, I am heading up to a buddies cabin in Gaylord MI the second week of September. We normally go to Canada for a week every year, but this year decided to try this instead. I am bringing my ranger 619 and we plan to fish every day all week. I am not familiar with the area at all. Been doing some research online but thought maybe some of you guys have fished up around those parts that might be able to help me out. I really have no idea which lakes are better to fish or where we should go. Looking at some of the larger lakes, they look big, clear and deep. Was thinking of maybe fishing traverse bay? Any of you guys willing to give me a little insight/tips? I could sure use them. I would like to find a good muskie lake to fish for a few days and then maybe a lake that offers good action for walleye/smallies/pike. I guess I am really open to just about anything. I have all the gear one would need, minus down riggers. Thanks for any advice!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06am - Aug 9,17 
Hey karl my inlaws just sold there place in Fredrick ,little south of Gaylord. Burt and Mullet lake good for walleye smallmouth and pike. there is a smaller lake in fredrick called Big Bradford lake awesome smallie lake. If you fish Bradford bring up some Leeches fish with a split shot and fish the drops it goes from ten feet to 25 pretty quick smallies roam the depths but come up shallower late evening and early mornining. Burt and Mullet are bigger lakes usally for the eyes bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses and jig and crawlers but these lakes are like the chain of lakes during the day and find fishing only good at dusk and early morning bite shuts down like 10 oclock i guess all the pleasure boating pressure has something to do with it . Margareeth in Grayling suppose to be good but i never fished it was going to but like i said parents sold the cottage. Never fished otsego lake but told there are Musky there. alot of the bigger lakes get a lot of pleasure boating pressure. Cant think of the lake east of Gaylord called Fletchers pond good for pike and Large mouth bass only fished it once mainly fished Bradford for the smallies as they keep you busy and was down the road from the cottage the last couple of years i caught some walleye they stocked the lake with them but they were skinny oh also some nice perching if you can find the bigger fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Aug 9,17 
Thanks Sonny!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:08pm - Aug 13,17 
bump

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:13pm - Aug 18,17 
Did.you get my pm?

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: