Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:39am - Feb 28,19 
I am leaving for AZ tomorrow to visit some friends/family and watch some White Sox baseball! My cousin and I are thinking of fishing one day. He lives out there and has done a little fishing but not much. I guess drop shotting is big out there. Or maybe fish for stripper? I dont really care, just want to catch some fish in the desert. Anyone have experience out there or recommendations? Guides?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:51pm - Feb 28,19 
I've never done it, but targetingt giant shell crackers on Lake Havasu is on my bucket list ...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:22pm - Feb 28,19 
krazykarl35 wrote:
I am leaving for AZ tomorrow to visit some friends/family and watch some White Sox baseball! My cousin and I are thinking of fishing one day. He lives out there and has done a little fishing but not much. I guess drop shotting is big out there. Or maybe fish for stripper? I dont really care, just want to catch some fish in the desert. Anyone have experience out there or recommendations? Guides?

Fishing for strippers eh? :ohya

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:01pm - Feb 28,19 
Never fished AZ but if I could I would go fish for Apache Trout in the White Mountains on the east side of the state.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Mar 1,19 
Keitech 7.8's on an owner beast 12/0 hook will put you in the right ballpark of stripers and hog largemouth. I like both the weighted and unweighted hooks. Otherwise, go with the 4.8 on the same hook but 8/0 in size. lipless cranks yo-yo'd off the bottom as well. Any swimbait in that size range will do well for you though. White, or natural colors. as for the strippers, you might catch more than you bargained for.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: