Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58pm - Jul 29,18 
Going to Sanibel area in Florida. I heard that there is some bad red tide in the water. I was thinking about hitting an inland area for fishing like Ding Darling but don't have many other ideas. Anyone fish there during red tide?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19pm - Jul 29,18 
Just got back. Worst red tide in 10+ years. I dont see a reason to even bother fishing there. Ding darling might or might not still be bad. A buddy of mine that runs a commercial boat down there said he saw a bunch of turtles, a manatee, and heard of a juvenile whale shark that washed up dead and who knows how many sunk instead of washing up. Not the news you want for your trip but perhaps your best bet is an offshore charter. When you get there, skip the bait box and stop at Whitney's, he'll know what's going on.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:08am - Jul 30,18 
When I was researching Sanibel, the bait box had recent fishing reports of hot fishing action in blind pass lighthouse beach and a couple of other spots. "Forgot" to mention fish kill from red tide.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:32am - Jul 30,18 
The bait box is the kind of shop that knows tourists will stop in once and that's it. You will stand in line for 40 minutes for a license only for them to misspell your name and then not care.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21pm - Jul 30,18 
I've seen multiple posts today on various social media outlets about how dangerous the water is right now. Dolphins and other large sea life dying and many tourists getting sick. Use caution when you go

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55am - Jul 31,18 
Thanks for heads up. Saw a dolphin by pier while fishing yesterday. Nothing hit except baitfish on sabiki. Trying blind pass during the day before evening thunderstorms.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: