Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:01pm - Feb 13,18 
My passion in fishing wherever I go. Brought my very lite 5ft 2 piece ugly stix rod and few lite tackle just to fit in my luggage. Did not expect to catch any at my destination but I was wrong!

Check out my video ONLY if you guys got time. Not asking though to like or subscribe to my channel. Just sharing my passion in fishing and editing my adventures. Thank you.

http://youtu.be/U63bPTzWA00

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:14pm - Feb 13,18 
Looks like you had a blast. Great video!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:51pm - Feb 13,18 
WOW!!! Great video!!! Great Fishing!! Great job releasing the fish too!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us! Hope the trip was perfect.... start to finish!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:17pm - Feb 13,18 
Very cool!! I’m always a fan of saltwater pictures and videos. :gpost :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:37pm - Feb 13,18 
very nice! how do you like the gopro 6 i have a 3+ and thinking of upgrading

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:54pm - Feb 13,18 
Awesome! Your videos just keep getting better. Looks like a blast on the light tackle and the Ugly Stik did it's job as I would expect. :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:20pm - Feb 13,18 
Theres nothing better than fishing in your bath robe. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:01am - Feb 14,18 
Its a trip to remember for sure. Thank you my friends!!!

mikeeman wrote:
very nice! how do you like the gopro 6 i have a 3+ and thinking of upgrading

I really like it. I loved the new features like, the 4k footage in 30frame per second stabilization. Should be good for boating. Less vibration while shooting footage on the go or wavy condition. Plus the new protune video colors. Less time editing the true colors of my video.

choupiquer wrote:

Hahaha its was our first night there. After a very good dinner, wife n I just chillin, drinking our cocktails and getting ready for bed. Then I saw schools of bluefin trevally hanging out underneath our water bungalow. Instead of just relaxing, I ran inside and quickly set up my fishin gear. Didnt have time to change to regular clothes.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:30am - Feb 14,18 
RLDG wrote:
Its a trip to remember for sure. Thank you my friends!!!

choupiquer wrote:

Hahaha its was our first night there. After a very good dinner, wife n I just chillin, drinking our cocktails and getting ready for bed. Then I saw schools of bluefin trevally hanging out underneath our water bungalow. Instead of just relaxing, I ran inside and quickly set up my fishin gear. Didnt have time to change to regular clothes.

Okay Ryan, Maybe after 12 years of marriage you can do this. Could you have/Would you have left your wife in a bathrobe on your honeymoon? :rotflmao

Yes you are producing top class videos.... we all appreciate you doing this. :respect
Thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:08am - Feb 14,18 
Good stuff! I believe the only trip I have ever taken with my wife and didn't bring a fly rod was when we've gone to Vegas. I have taken a fly rod with me on every other trip we have ever taken...including my honeymoon. And yes, I spent two full days fishing on the honeymoon with the wife just hung out on the beach. I have a sweet little light action 4 piece spinning rod as well that usually makes the trip. Travel rods are great because you can carry a rod and reel on the plane with no worries of it being lost or busted.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:20pm - Feb 14,18 
Bubbalouie wrote:
choupiquer wrote:

Okay Ryan, Maybe after 12 years of marriage you can do this. Could you have/Would you have left your wife in a bathrobe on your honeymoon!

Hahaha Iam not sure but If there are fish around enticing me to catch em why not and you said honeymoon? so it's already too late. Wedding done. :lol:

stlhed wrote:
Good stuff! I believe the only trip I have ever taken with my wife and didn't bring a fly rod was when we've gone to Vegas. I have taken a fly rod with me on every other trip we have ever taken...including my honeymoon. And yes, I spent two full days fishing on the honeymoon with the wife just hung out on the beach. I have a sweet little light action 4 piece spinning rod as well that usually makes the trip. Travel rods are great because you can carry a rod and reel on the plane with no worries of it being lost or busted.

Goin to bring my okuma nomad travel rod but airlines is counting it as a carry on baggage. What brand/kind of 4piece rod do use? Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Feb 14,18 
I believe it's a Browning. Got it for a reasonable price at BPS. I generally use the fly rod when I travel so the spinning rod will really be a good addition to the arsenal. Interesting about the carry on with the airline. I usually tape 3-4 rod cases together and carry on along with a "normal" carry on. Never had an issue. I've gone so far as to bring a laptop, a carry on and rods all at same time. If the rods don't fit in the overhead I've never had a problem with asking the flight attendant to put them in the coat closet at the front. I've used just about every airline (united, delta, American, southwest, etc) with no issues at all. I did once get some flack over a fly box at TSA but they let me take it in the end.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:10am - Feb 15,18 
:gpost Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18am - Feb 15,18 
Great Job. I always have a spinning rig with me. Keep one in each car. Brought one a Amtrak trip to New Orleans, the train stopped over a swamp for an hour and I caught a gar out the window of the train.

The Maldives is on my list of place I will probably never get to, but would be sweet. Great footage, pretty cool.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: