Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:37pm - Oct 22,19 
Anyone go out for the trout stocking? I saw a bunch of reports from the weekend but they look super small compared to past years.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:48pm - Oct 22,19 
was out sunday ..got my limit all were between 13 and 15 inch .....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:59pm - Oct 22,19 
Was out sunday at Lake Strini and Hawthorne Woods. Slowest I have ever seen and I usually don't go openning weekend but wait till Monday or Tuesday.My son managed one at Strini and one at Hawthorne. I got skunked. Only saw a few caught. I'm thinkin they cut the number stocked.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:06am - Oct 23,19 
The DNR opened Horsetail at 5:00 opening Saturday and I left with my five by 6:45. The fish were small to average. Horsetail is stocked by the county, not the state. I don't know if that makes a difference. Took my son out Sunday afternoon for a little while and it was really slow. Saw a couple caught, but we didn't get any. The trout are stocked by weight. I would have figured smaller fish meant more of them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:30pm - Oct 23,19 
fished sag sunday they didnt open the gates until close to 6:30. was driving out of the lot at 7:30 with my limit. fish were all 10 to 12 inchers

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:22am - Oct 24,19 
Went by Blackwell yesterday. Didn't get any fishing in :( But I did talk to several folks while getting my pictures of Yukon Cowboys bench. Not much being caught by them; however, everyone seemed to be fishing under a bobber. A couple got light nibbles but no hookups. I suggested to several that they drop the bobber and fish powerbait off the bottom. Blackwell is lovely as always. And it was nice seeing the new addition (new only to me) of the CNR pond and new trails.

Had a small anxiety attack watching everyone fish and being without a pole. :crazy :crazy :crazy

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12am - Oct 25,19 
I know the feeling Dylanapollo...that happened to me in the Florida Keys a few years ago!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:59pm - Oct 27,19 
Took my 6 and 10 year old daughters to lake strini today and we had one hook up but it got away. Kids had a great time as did I. The trout were jumpin and active but only saw a few caught. Everyone was fishing bobbers and only a few casting lures. Going to try again tomorrow. A couple buddies of mine hit up Black Well today and got there limit early in the morning, dint ask what approach they used but will find out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:55am - Oct 28,19 
I was out for the opener and brought home 4 very nice fish, and threw as many back. I went out again this past Saturday and left after two hours, skunked. But, there are still some left. I saw a few getting caught. I fished Banana Lake in Wauconda.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: