Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - Apr 7,19 
Hit wood dale grove this morning and saw 5 fish caught. I got skunked. Guy 30 feet away caught 3 on a spinner.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:25pm - Apr 7,19 
Wow yeah tough...
Fish were absolutely on fire yesterday and today at prat. 40+fish in a few hours. 1/2oz Cleo orange n silver. Easy pickings.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:36pm - Apr 7,19 
Same story at Banana Lake in Wauconda according to my old man. More fishing than catching.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:38am - Apr 8,19 
First time today NE pond. Sun jus comin up into horizon limit in less than 30mins Slip rig n mice tail never fails for few yrs now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:46am - Apr 8,19 
I went Saturday for my first ever "opener." What an experience. I had the same "complaints" I'm sure everyone had, but I still enjoyed it. Sure, it's like riding a bike with training wheels, but I'm not ashamed to admit it was a good time. Definitely a test of patience, that's for sure.

Knowing the bank where I wanted to fish was rocks, and that they can get slippery and often be loose towards the water or angled down, I went and bought an extendable landing net. It absolutely amazed me how many people, who knew the terrain like myself, showed up without a net, lol. Then would hook a trout and act surprised that landing it would be tough. But whatever, he and I never had a fish on at the same time, so it was no problem letting him land his fish with my net. Just annoying that he'd leave it well out of my reach up by our buckets in the grass, lol.

Once I realized that the "shoulder to shoulder" comments weren't an over exaggeration, I expected lines to get crossed. I took it in stride each time it happened and will admit, I crossed a kids line once, who casted sideways, but all but twice they were able to be untangled without cutting anyones line. Only lost one fish I was reeling in due to being casted over. Felt like the smallest fish I had on all day, so I wasn't too upset. I even told the guy who casted over me he did me a favor.

Took me about 50 minutes to hit my limit, probably would have been half that if I didn't help land the fish for the guy next to me or take my time untangling lines, but I would cast farther out than most, and slowly work my Mepp's #1 or Kastmaster back in. Caught my first couple pretty close to the bank, but my last three all were hooked pretty well out there. Love the fights and the jumps!

I got to Pratt Wayne (Pickerel Lake) at 3:30 in the AM, and was already like vehicle number 54. But I'll be back in October, lol.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:41pm - Apr 12,19 
MRFROST...Why are you gonna wait till October? The trout will be there for weeks now! I don't even attempt to go out for at least a week after the opener....I got my 5 today a week after! going to try for 5 more next week!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33am - Apr 15,19 
Geo7455 wrote:
MRFROST...Why are you gonna wait till October? The trout will be there for weeks now! I don't even attempt to go out for at least a week after the opener....I got my 5 today a week after! going to try for 5 more next week!

Oh I will continue to go back, but I was meaning, as crowded as it was, with as many line tangles I had from being casted over, I will do the Fall opener as well. I was just saying I will put up with all the crap for my easy 5 on opening day.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: