Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46am - Jun 23,18 
Anybody ever fish Pierce Lake in Winnebago Co. , I believe ? Interested if lake has rental fishing boats, and or local guide service ? Feel free to PM me, as i would like to fish with an old friend who lives up that way .

REEL RIOT <((((<

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:03am - Jun 23,18 
I fished it last year in April or early May. I think I recall rental boats being available...I found the lake to be small and swampy. It's probably the Rockford area equivalent of busse woods. The area that looked decent to fish on the map ended up being completely weed choked. In my opinion, if you live in Arlington heights and are willing to hire a guide, you would be better served by going to the fox chain of lakes.

Don't mean to be a downer or anything, that was just my experience. Have fun!

John 21:10

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04am - Jun 25,18 
Not sure about guides. Boats can be pricy but not bad if you're splitting with someone. With live bait and other random items at the bait shop it came out to $120 bucks total. I've fished there a couple of times and did just ok each time with a mixed bag fishing crawlers, shiners and minnows on slip bobbers. Heard fishing can be really good though. Cool lake, will bring my electronics next time to locate the cribs. I'd recommend getting a map at the bait shop as well as it will give you a better idea of where to fish.

From their page on the Rock Cut state park website: http://www.rockcutpark.com/outdoor-store/
"If your looking for a day of family fun stop in to the outdoor store to rent canoes, Stand up Boards, single and double kayaks, canoes, jon boats, row boats, or paddle boats. 12 and 14′ 5 hp Jon boats are $35 per hour or 90 /4 hours. All other boats are $13.00/hour."

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:13pm - Jun 25,18 
thewatsonator, & Mhimes28,
Thanks for the great info , if i can pass any info back to you on Waukegan, and Winthrop Harbor let me know !

Reel Riot <((((<

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:36pm - Aug 15,18 
I have fished there a few times and had really good luck on top water for bass, seemed like any popper or buzz bait, whopper plopper got attention with the best being @5lbs and many smaller 1 and 2 pounders. This was midday summer and hot so seems like once it cools down could be really good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:09pm - Aug 16,18 
reel riot wrote:
thewatsonator, & Mhimes28,
Thanks for the great info , if i can pass any info back to you on Waukegan, and Winthrop Harbor let me know !

Reel Riot <((((<

No problem. Did you end up making it out? How did you do?

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: