Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:19am - Apr 9,18 
Met my little brother over at prat wayne for some trout action, I didnt get me a stamp.just went to be out of the house for awile,
His first three came prety quick about 45 mins, minnow and worn on the bottom north side ot the lake. Sun hid for a wile but as soon as she came back out he got his last two a few mins apart, not alot of people out sunday even less at blackwell. Easy picking on them trout north seemed the best as everyone was catching around us.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03am - Apr 9,18 
Wish I could say the same. Went with my buddy Saturday to Axehead he got 1 and I got skunked throwing Kastmasters & using Gulp trout bait.
We both had a few hits almost always within seconds of each other. I only saw 1 guy in the morning with a limit using Gulp. We went back in the afternoon and there was 1 guy doing well with spinners. Personally this is the worst year for my friend and I and we have been doing this for more than a few years.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43am - Apr 9,18 
Anybody know what color powerbait seems to be working best ? What size are the trout running this spring ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:16am - Apr 9,18 
I took my kids to Horsetail about 1:30 Saturday afternoon. I got two, one on dough, one on a spoon. Both hits came within a 15 minute span. Amongst my friend, his son, my son, and my self, we had 5-6 lines out and my two were the only hits in four hours. People with fish reported lots of waiting, then a flurry of action for about 15 minutes.

I took my son back yesterday afternoon for a few hours and we got skunked. The wind shifted shortly after we got there and started blowing out of the north. I'm thinking the front it blew in shut down the lake for the day. We didn't see anyone with fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Apr 9,18 
Went out to Banana on Saturday, I limited in about an hour and a half, had three fish within the first 30 minutes. All fish came on pink powerbait, 2ft off of the bottom. My buddy got three in that time with green powerbait. All fish were thick and long comparative to previous stockings. There was a group of kids throwing spinners that seemed to be killing it (they caught one using a plain jig head sitting on the bottom, just lead and hook). I went back out yesterday afternoon after smoking the fish from Saturday; it was nice to see LCFP Police checking licenses and stamps. Watched one follow an ultra-light Rapala to the shore, and ended up sticking a nice one on a Mepps Agila. I only stayed for about 45 minutes, and only saw 3 other fish caught in that time (all on powerbait green or white). I did talk to someone as he walked out with his daughters, he caught 4 on a black jig and black plastic just bouncing the bottom.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:07pm - Apr 9,18 
Great report Pannie Popper !

Do you know what time Bannana opens for fishing in am ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:09pm - Apr 9,18 
I think the gates opened at 6:30 on Saturday. However, Id check the Lake County Forest Preserve website for site-specific info. The hours may have been different because it was the trout opener; the only time I've ever gone when the park opens was Saturday and opening day two years ago. From talking to the other guys yesterday afternoon, it seemed like morning was better both days. However, everyone agreed that Sunday afternoon was better than Saturday afternoon as far as the number of fish people saw getting caught after 1pm. Seemed like there was a lot of floating green powerbait, not sure if that was because the fish were turning their noses up at it, or if that is what most of the guys were using right before they left... or both.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: