Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:39am - Apr 12,18 
Anybody been fishing either Grove or Silver lakes lately ? Would like to hear any success stories on the trout bite. :watr

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:25am - Apr 12,18 
I went out to Pratts Wayne forest preserve this morning with my kids. We lasted about 30 min, the wind was howling. I only saw one guy leaving with 2 fish. powerbait on the bottom he said. Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:30am - Apr 17,18 
Late report, went to silver lake sunday15th.
After not catching anything in the rock river it sure was nice to hit the trout again and they were hungry.
Got to silver lake about 3pm hit the channel, east side as a lot of guys on the west side as always.
We only had large fatheads, about 4 foot of depth on the slip bobber, small red octopus hook, small split shot, the wind was perfect cast up north and the wind would blow it back through the channel just Barely touching the weed tops.my lil bro immediately first cast caught one, I followed up pretty quick. We had 10 fish by 430,also two bass came on a small white spinner. The crappie are also in the channel but I think the size of the fatheads kept them away so maybe if you go get small or med fatheads. Fish are in the channel this Is the third time we have been out and got our limits.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:35am - Apr 17,18 
Great report colddriver ! Any size to the trout this season ? Hope to get out this week , will report if i do

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30am - Apr 17,18 
i've been on the pier this year watching people catch fish. The size of the trout is pathetic. To me, not worth going out. I saw guys using minnows on the bottom right under the pier and catching 10 inch fish. 1 out of 10 will be closer to 14".

I can't blame the DNR. Do they want to stock 2000 10" fish or 500 16" fish? Tough call. I suppose quantity over quality was the vote that day.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: