Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09am - Oct 23,17 
Tried for trout for the first time in 25yrs on the opening day. Got there around 5:30AM and the parking lot was already pretty full. All the spots on the South and North ends were already taken. I threw small spinnerbaits and spoons but got nothing. A half nightcrawler under a bobber got me 1 trout, 4 skinny bass and a big bullhead, kept the trout only. Others were using the same lures and minnows that were catching them. There were lots of golden ones swimming around but strange, no one seemed to have caught any.

Never again will I do this as these people were so unruly. They are not shy about coming right next to you and start throwing over your lines shamelessly. One time my buddy and I were fishing 6ft apart. Next thing some jerk squeezes in between us and starts casting, unfreakin'believable!

So disappointed at DNR too as no one came by to check the license. I'm pretty sure there were many fishing w/o one and DNR could've made some $ on fines.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:46am - Oct 24,17 
Man don't let them fools discourage you, a lot of those guys are foreigners and don't know any better. Those little trout put up a good fight and are a blast to catch on light tackle. If and once DNR shows up many of them take off anyway. God luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - Oct 26,17 
Would I be better off going to one of the lake county lakes or is it a mad house anywhere?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:23pm - Oct 26,17 
Most of the places are very similar for the first two weeks. Yes those are some of the best times to catch them because there are more fish in the lake but it’s way more enjoyable once the novelty wears off from the people who have no etiquette. Good luck and just do your thing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:53pm - Oct 28,17 
I agree. There are plenty of fish left after the first week or two for those that know what they are doing. I have caught a few thru the ice at Axehead months after the October stocking.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: