Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:05pm - Apr 18,19 
IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? I'm a power liner first, shore guy second. I start typically right after St. Patty's day, but have been out years when after launching out my lines, they'd get frozen as the surface re-froze. What happened this year? What happened to get up early, get out and get it done (limits) by 10AM, and heading home? Day after day, year after year. It should be, load the freezer up with coho & browns in the spring, then onto the walleye and white bass runs on the Wolf up north late Chitown Spring.
I and those I brought, and fished around me drowned many, many baits. My large fatheads all died out of boredom! Anybody?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:12pm - Apr 18,19 
Powerliners are not posting because they are out powerlining! The fish are in, get out there and join the party.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:12pm - Apr 18,19 
I wish I could believe that. Those who have been catching via the big rubber bands, have put in a phenomenal amount of time for the few they have gotten this year. Would love to hear some really positive posts. Watched J-son's Chicago Hardcore powerline fishing 2019 on YouTube. Nice video, but really, not a lot of fish caught?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:08pm - Apr 18,19 
You're not hearing anything because the winds and fishing have sucked more than usual. Hard to go out there and slay 'em when you have 20+ mph blows from every direction, nearly every other day of the week. About 10 outings so far this spring and the only luck was a nice stellhead on my first trip back in the beginning of March when it was still cold as hell. A few chases and bumps since then, but nada brought to net.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:46pm - Apr 18,19 
1 post is worth a ton of garbage , human waste and other issue that eventually end in loss of fishing privileges. Fish are in put in the time and effort you will be rewarded. It's a sad way to be but our current reality.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33pm - Apr 18,19 
This thread is very confusing.

I've had good luck on glow KO wobblers all over the north side. I'm not a powerliner...not a big fan of that technique (that's for another thread).

So far this Spring has been bountiful and I'm grateful for the advice I've received here.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28pm - Apr 18,19 
Maybe I should put all the fancy gear aside (Powerlining Stuff....and I love the whole concept, and changes since my childhood of a rail road spike at the end of a rope you swung overhead like David and Goliath - Yeah really love that aspect), and pick up my Lake Michigan Rod and take the Lake Michigan Artificials Box, and exercise the old arm a bit?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:31pm - Apr 18,19 
Nah! Sorry, I love the tech part! That makes Chicago Special! Only Here Can You Do This!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11am - Apr 19,19 
I’ve recently found an app called Fishbrain and some Facebook groups. 10x the amount of reports I see on here. Most are bragging posts but a bragging post is still a fishing report.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:12pm - Apr 19,19 
Let’s not forget that salmon stocking is at all time low. The good old days of quick limits for days on end is a thing of the past. It’s a numbers game. There is a pretty sizable group on the book of faces that is dedicated to p lining. But like Reno said it’s basically guys posting pictures of fish and people trying to get rich selling noobs setups for crazy amounts of money.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:01pm - Apr 22,19 
Wow first time I've been able to log into chitown with my phone in like 2 years!!! There's fish in... I fish rod and reel.... Caught my limit Thursday plus 4 that I threw back, missed a ton of hits and fish... Went today and got 5! Lost something real big that snapped my line 5 mins after I arrived before it was even light out... Also lost a ton of fish! You gotta get out and put your lines in the water don't wait for reports!!!

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: