Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:06am - Sep 29,20 
Do glow in the dark paint significantly increase the chance of salmon bites when fishing in the dark? I've caught them on plain spoons and nonglow firetiger thunderstick and some of the recent catches in Waukegan and Diversey seem to be with non glow spoons and crankbaits.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:13am - Sep 29,20 
I have had great success with glow in the dark Cleos & Krocks 3/4 ounce . I carry a small hand held flasher
that has the brightness of a camera flash , and it lights up that lure like its radioactive ! I get 4 or 5 casts with every flash , then i flash it again ! I never tried my cellphone , but you may want to invest in a flasher and do it up right ! Make sure to store glow in dark baits out of sunlight , during storage .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Sep 29,20 
Glow is not necessary. I do way better on non glow cranks than anything else in our warm shallow water. The absolute worst thing to me is too much glow. Nothing worse than having a guy plop down next to me tossing one of those giant 1oz moonshines. I’d seriously rather the guy throw rocks. Find yourself an old Frenzy in chartreuse and white and weld it on. Crank it as slow as you can stand. If they’re around you’ll get hit.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36am - Sep 29,20 
:got1 Everyone to their own thing i guess ! If you come up to Waukegan & north to Wisco.,bring your sunglasses, as everyone up here is flashing and catching in 50 degree water, with Glow-lures and Skein at NIght !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:06pm - Sep 29,20 
The best glow lure is GLOWMATE that is sold on ebay.They are made by a guy in Chicago

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Sep 30,20 
Oh man, haven't been on here in a while!!! Thought to pop in to see how everyone is doing with shore salmon =)

If glow gives you a little confidence, go ahead and run them. With that said, I rarely cast glow cranks. I'll throw a glow spoon, but it's so late in the season I would switch to cranks or skein right now. Good luck!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:24pm - Oct 1,20 
Polycarp83 wrote:
Oh man, haven't been on here in a while!!!

You have been missed, but right now I am sure your busy explaining things to everyone. Glad your back and hope you stay around for awhile.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: