Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15am - Oct 8,19 
Blackjaw made it into town on Sept 20th and fish about 45 hours casting until it was time to leave on the 7th. To make a long story short I only caught 4 fish and they were all very small jacks. 3 of the jacks were caught fishing the harbors and they were only 12 inches! I also caught a 14 inch jack in Salt Creek in Indiana. I fished all different time frames, even the sweet spot times. I used flicker shads, but could not stick anything. I saw fellow angler and friend Rick out more than a couple times. He caught a fish right next to me so maybe my fishing was due to operator error. Rick also donated a 14 lb fish to me which I smoked and turned out great. Smoked at 165 for 9 hours. I mentioned in a previous post 70 degrees to smoke that was a typo, 160 or 170. On another outing I ran into southshore. He hooked into a nice fish, but it ripped the hooks from his lure. There were definitely fish around, I just didn't get any. A yearly Illinois license and yearly Florida license, a lot of time and money spent; but that's the way it goes sometimes. I can't ever remember a year I did not catch a big fish in the fall. This was a first for me. So Blackjaw is back safely in Florida now wishing you all great fishing for what is left of this fall salmon season.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:06pm - Oct 9,19 
There's just not as many fish...so don't feel bad. I used to live in Florida in the 80s and fishing was great...i went in 2006 and hit a Red Tide in Venice so nothing. Good Luck there!

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: