Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13pm - Apr 2,18 
Water temps 43.5.. There was about 10 boats out Monday and nobody caught anything(1 boat caught 1 crappie). I used 3 way with Flicker Shad and not 1 bite. Worked 6 ft to 20 feet. Didn't mark any fish shallow on the back side past bridge however marked fish about 17 ft. Off the boat launch brakwater was marking scattered fish 8 to 13 feet and still nothing. I did meet a guy who was out April 1 and he caught a 24 inch musky and had more follows... Hope these weather patterns get better soon!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:44pm - Apr 3,18 
I was out from 11am-12pm. I made one long pass on my spring go to spot and after no marks and no bites called it a day and went down to river to look for sauger and walleye. Talked to two guys at launch and they didn't get anything as well. I'm hopeful this cool spring will stretch the bite out into June.

River was dirty and cold with a brisk wind. Marked a lot of fish in 15-17fow range but no takers. Lost the handle on one of my jigging reels when it got to loose and flew off, then lost a 3 way rig to a knick in my power pro. Called it a day at 2pm and took the boat back to the garage and did some spring maintenance.

Still better than work

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: