Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18am - May 21,17 
Weather forecast didn't look good but RiverRat makes an offer I couldn't refuse, not after a long grinding week at the office. We hit the fishing grounds bright and early and find active fish on the first few casts, smallies and sheepheads were on fire but picky as to the lure presentation, one lure catching mostly smallies the other sheepheads with eyes and stripers as the bonus for the day.

Off the water around 9'ish all drenched, most fish casting cranks n ratle traps, drifting crawlers and pulling cranks also produced, have the scrapes and cuts to prove it 8)~ .

22" Striper a personal best in local waters

Kept these for for the table fair

We waited out the rain and ended the day on the river for more smallies and white bass action, wet and windy day but great fishing therapy, :thanks RiverRat for the fun tour!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:52am - May 21,17 
Nice Werk there broski..... Be well.... Hope to c u out dere soon.... Maybe perch will cooperate this year...later mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:24pm - May 21,17 
Nice catch guys, that's the way to grind out a perfect day. No doubt you were going to catch fish, the lousier the day the better at H, plus Riverrat knows that place better than anyone else, he could easily hag his hat on the guide pole.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:58pm - May 22,17 
Great time koolanger - I think we can get this tour nailed down. First pass 3 legal walleye is not a bad start, just couldn't keep those pesky smallmouth and drum off! Wish we had a little more time to hit some other spots before the downpour. We didn't even get a chance to try for crappie or give any other spots a proper drift. It sucks the river was dirty fast, but I think if conditions are right you can put together a hell of a multi species day if we do this again next year.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: