Author
Search for:
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 07:41am - Apr 24,17 
Chilly morning for sure and crappie didnt move at all for anything moving. Afternoon was a lot better after the sun was beating on the water all day. Had to work but I send my client home with his limit of crappie.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Apr 24,17 
Can I ask John are they still deep? I shore fish and am wondering if this year with the water high if they will be going shallow like a few years back. :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:31am - Apr 24,17 
Have you got a water temp range for me Rocky?

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 10:41am - Apr 24,17 
Water was 57 in the morning but im sure it went up with the sun beating on it with no wind.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:21pm - Apr 24,17 
Yesterday, the few crappies I managed were all in 15ft of water within a couple feet of the bottom near ledges trolling chartreuse crankbaits 2mph. Only one was a male and he was starting to get his spawning colors on. The females were plump... Hope that helps, tried the shallow spots and didn't find any yet. Lots of water still being drained out near the overflow pier area. Water clarity was pretty ok.
Good luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:36pm - Apr 24,17 
Their lowering the water level???

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:17pm - Apr 24,17 
Way to stick it out - I got some stripes in the AM but once the sun came fully up bite stopped. North side water was flat, clear, and boats flying around everywhere so I decided to call it at 10am and wait for another day.

Big difference getting under the bridge today, lots of people on north side.

I had 60° in the bay and around 57° out in the main.

Water naturally drops they are not pumping anything out that I am aware off - as far as I know they stopped managing the levels once they built the dyke around the pump on the north side to protect it from ice, that's why it was so high for the opener. They are rebuilding the barge slip on the river so they must have plans for it soon or maybe they can't sell the property until that is fixed. I don't think it will ever go back to a full thermal load, but everyone is hot to get that property producing tax revenue so you never know.

and of course my yearly never will be solved buy like to vent anyway: DONT TIE UP YOUR BOAT IN THE LAUNCH SLIPS

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Apr 24,17 
Thank you river rat. Even better when they stand there talking with their boat still on the trailer,and 10 boats waiting to launch. Last year I had a guy taking fish pics with his buddy in the boat on the trailer in the launch! And got mad at the guy that said something. Always a show at the big h boat ramp.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13pm - Apr 24,17 
Yes they are draining water out of this pier in the north side. It's like a river current in that area. Then every minute or two you would see a geiser fly up in the air on the other side of the fence. They wouldn't rope it off unless it was a potential danger to boaters.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:19pm - Apr 24,17 
If you don't believe me let your bobber drift into that area and you will see it being sucked down as it gets close to the concrete. You can hear the water hitting the grates inside that pier.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46pm - Apr 24,17 
thanks mrsunman - good info. I saw a silver SUV over on that side driving Sunday but figured he was working the slip. Probably need to get down on the river where this is pumping out. :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18pm - Apr 26,17 
Your probably right on fishing the drain side after seeing how many fish go over spillways. Lol
I imagine the drain is just an over flow drain but could be wrong as in years past I could swear the water levels were up to the stick at the bridge most of the time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:06pm - Apr 26,17 
I was there today and it's still pumping away - water is down at least a foot.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: