Author
Search for:
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Mar 23,17 
Going sunday for a bit. Anything been happening?

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:40pm - Mar 23,17 
My uncle reported a 28 and 37 pound blues out there for the opener/opening week. That's all I've seen.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:06pm - Mar 23,17 
I went out last Sunday. Trolled for about three hours before we were frozen and turned in. Very little luck, and never found and walleye or striper (except for a couple 7 or 8 inch hybrids). The third lock had water temps in mid 70's

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Mar 23,17 
A few days ago the discharge channel was at 83 degrees.
Trolling crankbaits all over on the North pool {73-78 degrees} produced 2 to 4 pound blues and some decent sheepshead for me.

I did not fish much in the Middle or South pool.

'

-Carl Sagan

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:37pm - Mar 24,17 
I fished it from shore last week. Near the Southeast corner. Believe it, or not. First cast of the year there, a medium sized Shad under a bobber. Landed a 30lb. Channel cat. Not a Blue, and certainly not a Flathead. Normally, I catch Blues. Kind shocked it was a Channel. Also caught a few Smallies, and a couple of LMB using a Brown Chatterbait with a Green trailer.

Lt.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 05:03pm - Mar 25,17 
Thanks for the info. I will post how it went.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - Mar 25,17 
Went out there today mostly to run my optimax after i fixed it. I was the only boat out. Windy and extremely foggy.only fished an hour or so. My son caught a small largemouth, an even smaller drum and an 18" striper built like a football. Going to miss those stripers when they are gone. The lake is as high as i have ever seen it. No worries hitting your lower unit at the launch and the lagoon is 3.5' deep. Makes me wonder how high heidecke is right now.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:24am - Mar 26,17 
what did happen with the fish at LaSalle Seems when I do go there its cats or skunk

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 08:00am - Mar 27,17 
Fished underwater points on the hot side. Caught channel and blue cats, big drum, lm and sm bass casting cranks. Fun day catching fish.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Mar 27,17 
Took the kids out and they had a blast with all the small channel cats off the rocks. Fat heads under a float or jigging a minimite and fathead under the boat. My littlest had a plastic piece break on her reel and wanted to use on of mine. I had it rigged up for blues so I put some cutbait on it and after a few minutes she got sick of holding it and set it down. A minute later we watched the $250 rig launch out of the boat like a rocket ship, lol. Still a fun day and had to drag the girls off the water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:00am - Mar 27,17 
Rocky, how'd the new motor run? John told me that you guys caught a ton of fish, and a huge mixed bag of all shapes and sizes, and avoided the rain too! I'll have to get my girls out there to have some fun one day.

Matt,

That sucks, haha. I've been there before. When I was a kid, I did the same thing. Set it down in my Dad's boat when I was about 10. Turned around to grab a drink or something, heard a noise, turned back, and the rod was gone. I've been meaning to get my girls out there for some fun with the mixed bag of fish you can always catch there. I would have gone yesterday had I known that the rain was actually going to hold off. With the forecasted rain on and off all day I decided against dragging my 9 year old out there in the rain. She wanted to go. But I'd rather not have her mom bitching at me about dragging her out at 5am to fish in the rain. :lol: The 16 year old... well she's flaky like all 16 year old girls. I think she slept until about 2 yesterday. Haha.

Nice job, guys!

Profile WWW  

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 02:26pm - Mar 27,17 
New motor exceeded my expectations. Even John walked up to the boat and asked if it was running, being used to my old motor.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:59pm - Mar 27,17 
John Mannerino wrote:
New motor exceeded my expectations. Even John walked up to the boat and asked if it was running, being used to my old motor.

Nice! The 70hp Johnson 2 stroke on my boat is quieter than I expected it to be, but still pretty loud. If I fire it up in the driveway with the muffs on it, though... it's a wakeup call for my entire neighborhood. I've thought about re-powering. No money for it right now, but the boat will handle up to 120hp. Have a relative selling an old boat for $1000 that has a very good running 115 Johnson 2 stroke on it. Identical to my motor, but a 115. Wouldn't have to swap the controls or anything... bolt on replacement! It would still be loud, but the boat would fly! It does 34mph on the GPS now, with 2 guys and gear in it, and trimmed out. With the 115, I'm guessing around 48-50mph, or so, and probably a couple more with a stainless prop.

Good to hear it performed well!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - Mar 27,17 
Rocky is it still loaded with yellow bass and are they decent sized.I still think they are a great eating fish right up there with gills and perch.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:01pm - Mar 28,17 
FishinMatt wrote:
Took the kids out and they had a blast with all the small channel cats off the rocks. Fat heads under a float or jigging a minimite and fathead under the boat. My littlest had a plastic piece break on her reel and wanted to use on of mine. I had it rigged up for blues so I put some cutbait on it and after a few minutes she got sick of holding it and set it down. A minute later we watched the $250 rig launch out of the boat like a rocket ship, lol. Still a fun day and had to drag the girls off the water.

Rod holders man, rod holders. :D
Your nice boat should have at least one or two of them sliding along the traks at all times...
Just joking 8)~

-Carl Sagan

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: