Post Posted: 02:24pm - May 16,18 
Sweet!
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=12063

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:53pm - May 16,18 
lifetime supply of sushi

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - May 16,18 
To quote every teenage girl in the U.S.....OMG!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:57pm - May 16,18 
While trolling for marlin a few years ago we saw a school of bluefin crashing pogeys on the horizon. We trolled through the school and all 4 rods went off simultaneously. Two broke off pretty quick, one broke off after 2 hours and the last one fought for 5 hours. Being recreational fishermen, we knew there was a federal issue so we called the tuna hot line and were told that we were allowed 1 incidental catch so we iced it. 585 pounds. When we got back to the dock the WLF agents were waiting for us and an interview ensued. We told them that we knew the school was bluefin and intentionally trolled through them. After months of negotiation, the fine was reduced to $100 for an intentional catch. I think the fine was in the thousands before the negotiation.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05am - May 17,18 
choupiquer wrote:
While trolling for marlin a few years ago we saw a school of bluefin crashing pogeys on the horizon. We trolled through the school and all 4 rods went off simultaneously. Two broke off pretty quick, one broke off after 2 hours and the last one fought for 5 hours. Being recreational fishermen, we knew there was a federal issue so we called the tuna hot line and were told that we were allowed 1 incidental catch so we iced it. 585 pounds. When we got back to the dock the WLF agents were waiting for us and an interview ensued. We told them that we knew the school was bluefin and intentionally trolled through them. After months of negotiation, the fine was reduced to $100 for an intentional catch. I think the fine was in the thousands before the negotiation.

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - May 17,18 
I have gone out of that marina twice and it was always too windy to get out on the gulf. Picked up some 20+lb reds though, still a good time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:14am - May 17,18 
Choup, did they take the fish?

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 10:03am - May 18,18 
I think they hook into them quite a bit. Problem is typically they are using 30 and 50 wides and they are just to small of a reel for bluefin in deep water.

My next trip down there I want to target Marlin and Swordfish. There are some local guys going down for memorial day and I think in July as well. They are always looking for more people to go with.

Board index » Species Specific » Fishing Odds and Ends
Jump to: