Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:29pm - Mar 20,21 
Went with my brother "uncle buck" and really put it to them this morning. Crappies And Gills. Uncle Buck used spikes on a jig and it was all gills with a few crappies and i used plastic and it was the opposite. Nice size fish for the most part. We tried 4 different areas and they all held solid numbers. Have to think your favorite spot this time of the year should be loaded. We filled a 5 gallon bucket full. Water was nice and cold hence loading our freezer up. We really don't care to keep panfish from the chain when water starts warming up but that's just us. If your looking for a fish in the barrel bite for nice gills and crappies hit it before its slows down. Captron i hope you enjoy some of the fish. Lets hook up next weekend and maybe chase some coho's or can do a final panfish chain bite.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:52pm - Mar 21,21 
Same song and dance. Took a little searching to get them, but once we found them, they were on. First 7-8 channels we tried had temps between 42-44. The one we found the fish was around 49.

Thanks for the tips Wash!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54am - Mar 22,21 
Glad u got on them. Them colder channels you found should be the next ones to pop as they warm up. Glad to see you put in your time even though some of them spots may have not produced this time around next time you may be surprised. Me and my brother know the community spots but have searched other areas up and down the chain and have found quiet gold mines. I always say if it takes longer then say 10 seconds KEEP MOVING and dont waste time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:49pm - Apr 5,21 
washhusky103 wrote:
Went with my brother "uncle buck" and really put it to them this morning. Crappies And Gills. Uncle Buck used spikes on a jig and it was all gills with a few crappies and i used plastic and it was the opposite. Nice size fish for the most part. We tried 4 different areas and they all held solid numbers. Have to think your favorite spot this time of the year should be loaded. We filled a 5 gallon bucket full. Water was nice and cold hence loading our freezer up. We really don't care to keep panfish from the chain when water starts warming up but that's just us. If your looking for a fish in the barrel bite for nice gills and crappies hit it before its slows down. Captron i hope you enjoy some of the fish. Lets hook up next weekend and maybe chase some coho's or can do a final panfish chain bite.

Was PeterB out there with you?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45am - Apr 6,21 
Hey paul how the hell are you. Can u believe I am fishing again. 4 weeks in a row. Yea peterb was offered to come along for cohos but he always felt to windy to cold etc, you know how he rolls
It's all about the skirts. PM your digits we can hook up a few times like the old days.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: