Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:23pm - Sep 24,16 
Heading out with the kayak on Monday in search of salmon or smallmouth on the south side. Plan is to launch at Rainbow Beach and troll/cast the rocks/shoreline/submerged break wall etc between the south shore water filtration plant to the north end of the South Shore Cultural Center. Plenty of smallmouth there for the taking, and have had luck there with salmon in the past. Hope the wind isn't too crazy. Wish me luck! Anyone wants to join, feel free. I'll be launching around noon (got to pick my daughter up from preschool on the north side) and out till I'm sick of being out there. Sand/beige colored Ocean Kayak13.5'. I'll have an orange life vest. Hope to see someone out there!!
Dubzee!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:24pm - Sep 26,16 
Any luck?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11am - Sep 27,16 
Zilch! Not only did I get out to the garage and find out that my inflatible roof rack had sprung 2 seperate leaks, but the wind pretty much grounded me from shore too. Spent a couple hours washing tackle and getting pushed around by the wind. Decided I would make the wife and kids happy and come home early for dinner. That way I can convince them I can try again in a few days. Maybe I can buy a new foam block rack for the kayak....that handirack was a pain in the butt anyhow!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13am - Sep 27,16 
the wind would have killed me out there on the yak anyhow.....chicity, you've had some success close to shore for salmon from the yak, I saw the video of you getting one jigging in the fog.....any other tips?

Dubzee

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:17pm - Sep 27,16 
D-DUBZ wrote:
Zilch! Not only did I get out to the garage and find out that my inflatible roof rack had sprung 2 seperate leaks, but the wind pretty much grounded me from shore too. Spent a couple hours washing tackle and getting pushed around by the wind. Decided I would make the wife and kids happy and come home early for dinner. That way I can convince them I can try again in a few days. Maybe I can buy a new foam block rack for the kayak....that handirack was a pain in the butt anyhow!

I Just upgraded my roof rack, so I have a spare foam block kit (1 year old) that I'll depart with for $20 if interested (Including ties). I'm in Evanston.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:19pm - Sep 27,16 
D-DUBZ wrote:
the wind would have killed me out there on the yak anyhow.....chicity, you've had some success close to shore for salmon from the yak, I saw the video of you getting one jigging in the fog.....any other tips?

Dubzee

Was out a few weeks ago...going to post video in a few days. Caught a nice Coho within 200 yards of shoreline out of Waukegan. So you don't need to go out far right now. Salmon are in up north in the harbors. Just have to get out.

Profile WWW  

Board index » The Tackle Box » Kayak & Canoes - Fishing with Stealth
Jump to: