Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:23pm - Jul 2,20 
Anyone know of any decent spots to canoe fish near-ish to Chicago? I mostly bass fish, just looking for a smallish lake or pond that is canoe friendly. Thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:52pm - Jul 2,20 
You could the Skokie Lagoons. I've done O.K.there a couple times.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Jul 3,20 
You might consider Wolf Lake or Powderhorn Lake in Hegewisch area.I have fished both in my kayak.They are user friendly and both have bass.Wolf lake also has some smallmouth in it and both have pike so be ready for the toothy critters. Powderhorn only allows boats without any gas motors attatched,so you wont be bothered by wakes from other boaters. Because these lakes are within a 5 minute drive from each other it would be possible to fish both the same day.Wolf lake is a lot larger and out in the open ,it can get a bit windy out there.The lake is sectioned off by dikes but I prefer the lake on the northwest side.Good Luck,let us know how you do !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:15pm - Jul 4,20 
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I have some time set aside tomorrow morning to head out so I will let you know where I went and how I did.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:34am - Jul 5,20 
Busse Woods in Elk Grove has good bass fishing also. The parking lots have been closed, but are scheduled to reopen next week .
Lee's Bait & tackle on Higgins in Elk Grove is a good source for lake info and generous with the minnows ! John Lee owner can usually beat or meet any Big Box store on pricing for fishing equipment, not to mention his excellent customer service & knowledge of his area lakes !

Board index » The Tackle Box » Kayak & Canoes - Fishing with Stealth
Jump to: