Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:52pm - Feb 23,17 
Westrec is thrilled to announce that we have reached an agreement on a 25-year lease for North Point Marina with the IDNR. We have also negotiated a reduction of the slip tax with the Village of Winthrop Harbor.

We will formally sign the agreement tomorrow and will take over the marina next week.

If you did not receive a copy of the contract at the meeting on Sunday, please reply to this email for a copy. We are hoping to send out invoices within the next two weeks. Remember, for the 2017 season we will be honoring the same rate you were charged in 2016, including any discounts. We have a great deal of work to do on the marina, so please understand that we may not have 100% of all services running on April 1st.

We have already begun to work with the town to get permits and licenses for the new pool and pavilion area, Ships Store (in the administration building) for beer, coffee, ice, snacks and various sundries, and are working to improve the public beach on the North end of the harbor.

We know that many of you have been concerned about the village slip tax. We are happy to tell you that there will be NO slip tax in 2017. In 2018, the tax will be 1% of your slip fee, which for most of you is under $35. We think the terms are fair and believe the town will be a good partner in the future.

We are excited to see you this summer, and will be sending out marina updates on a North Point Harbor Facebook page soon.

We appreciate your patience and are looking forward to making North Point better and more vibrant than ever.

Captain Jim Nelligan

President - Salmon Unlimited of Illinois

Twitter @SUIllinois

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:10am - Feb 24,17 
I'm glad that Westrec and Winthrop Harbor were able to work out a deal on this to facilitate opening the harbor on-time this year!

Westrec seems to have some big plans for the harbor, I'm excited to see where things go, but ultimately I'm interested in seeing some results!

April can't come soon enough, I've been itchin' to get back to the harbor for the season!

Board index » Clubs Forums » Salmon Unlimited Inc. Club Forum
Jump to: