Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29pm - Nov 2,17 
Made a trec to lake Sara ...haven't been there it about ten years....the shorelines are lined with rocks to protect them....thought from the rumors that the laydowns and brush piles were gone....but low and behold....they were still there....just need a quality depth finder to locate them now....not much sticks out of the water ...I was in a buddies boat and all he runs is down imaging....so we located brush and timber...saw crappie and stayed over them....vertical jigged baits worked great as did casted offerings....we also did well on the slipbobber minnow combo that seems to be the mainstay of our arsenal ....we were there from 10-23 to 10-26....rain tried to spoil our trip...but rain gear helped...temps dropped as the rain stopped....and we did better before the storm front....numbers were great but the average size was smaller than I remember the lake holding....we did boat some nice fish....but definitely a numbers lake right now ...casted some docks but the bluegill were tight to them and crappie were in short supply while there...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:14pm - Nov 2,17 
great report thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:37am - Nov 3,17 
Great report Professor, A friend want's me to go with him on 11/24-26 and stay at the lodge. Any suggestions for that time of year other than Bundle up ? We have fished it in the spring with good numbers but never been there this late in the year. We know the spring spots. If I could afford to live on a lake, this would be the one.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Nov 3,17 
:drink it would be easier to point on a map for you .... perhaps a pm and then I could help ....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:08pm - Nov 3,17 
Nice going Jim. thanks for sharing. Hope that everything is going great for you.

Semper Fidelis
and
God Bless America

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24am - Nov 4,17 
:drink There are some areas that have stick ups that can be easily seen...but the better cover needs a depth finder to see...we did better on deeper cover...what type of depth finder will you be running while there??...2-d or traditional sonar will work...but side/down imaging will shorten the time spent huntin' for them....I try to stay above them at the start and work closer to the trees /cover as time progresses without a bite...they can't help but show that they are there(competition for food is their undoing)..it is an easy lake to fish...a little harder to master...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:55pm - Nov 4,17 
Thanks Professor. I'm going to send a PM. No secrets, just don't want to bore anyone with non essential stuff.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:48pm - Nov 4,17 
Tell Bridgeport Eddie to take the darn graph out of auto depth range and match the chart speed with the boat speed.

Probably get some really nice crisp detail on those Downscan shots next time..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:14am - Nov 5,17 
:drink Hey Mike ... I was running the boat with the trolling motor with the front Lowrance... I'm well versed with software and navigating the Humminbird... but the newer Garmin and Lowrance require different button sequences to navigate screens .... sometimes it's tough to remember exactly what to press to get the unit to work for you instead of against you...with that said , it was a small case of the " lazies " on my part when it came to changing the display ... I never did figure out how to save those settings like Humminbird units do.... as always I need more time on the water.... :winker maybe next week we can do more research and development on the water :bigyuck

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: