Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - Jun 30,17 
:drink received a call to get to a private lake for Fathers day....just had to go...I don't get out much for fun these days...wife and kids had an evening planned for me ...so up and attem' we go...now my buddy Dave is a magician with a senko and could pull bass from a puddle with them baits ...I started with a zoom salty super fluke and resisted as much as I could ...but as he landed fish after fish I just had to change to share in the fun....he had a stiffer action rod and that proved to be important...I only had a crappie rod with 8lbs line...proved to be way to light for these beast...the wind was howling and the 2 bait casters I brought sucked casting in the wind...(need more practice I guess.. :bigyuck )..I struggled but managed a few....missed some serious pig's today...hope to make it again soon with a better arsenal...we did run the Zero-line card over the lake and hope to make a nice high definition lake map for the future...although crappie were there we decided to target the bass today...

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: