Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:18am - Jun 11,13 
spent the day on channel on the chain with Plunc learning the ins and outs of fishing plastics. i must say for a big guy who likes to "rip lips" this finesse bite is totally different than any other type of presentation i've encountered yet. the learning curve was long and tedious for me, and the feel of the bait quite different than actually being connected by feel with a heavier jig. its more a mental game with a lot of technique and visualization required to produce fish. like i said the learning curve for me was long but when you finally put all those little things together it was "AWESOME". I caught such a varied species of fish on the same bait i couldn't believe it at first. we took our quarry fish crappies in numbers exceeding 50+, we caught 10+ large mouth, 5 or 6 war mouth,8 gills,6 perch, green sunfish, a large shad, large cats, and can you believe it 2 keeper walleye which along with a couple 10" crappies will be dinner tonight! what a day and what a great experience of learning a new twist on fishing presentation. thanks Pat for your teaching, persistence and not letting me give up on it till i got it. the one thing i might add to anglers trying to pick this up is don't try to get this quick in a place with a high wind condition like fishing perch on the lake front your learning curve will be much shorter in a sheltered area. another great adventure in the fishing. i did notice a lower rate of harmed fish released with this method.
dd

Last edited by DOUBLE D on 12:53pm - Jun 11,13, edited 2 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Jun 11,13 
Thats great to hear. Sounds like Those'll Eat. What kind of plastics were you using (e.g. mini mites, twister tails, nails, ect.)?

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:51am - Jun 11,13 
Nice report! Again, Denny, thanks for the invite. It was a welcome detour from the perch grind at the lakefront. I Look forward to going back.:thanks

Last edited by plunc on 09:34pm - Jun 11,13, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:49pm - Jun 11,13 
Way to go guys...sounds like you had a busy fun kinda day...Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks... :rotflmao :respect

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:37pm - Jun 11,13 
What kind of plastics did you guys use?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54pm - Jun 11,13 
Denny, I've been forcing myself to keep with the tiny flukes, but I've yet to catch anything with one yet. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Any tips as a recent student? What are you visualizing?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33pm - Jun 11,13 
strike king lightning shads, in white, black/pink, black/ chartreuse, on a 1/32oz jig head.

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: