Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:48am - Mar 18,18 
Arrived at Henrys this morning at 5:45 to pick up a couple of weights and some minnows to go and shoot out a line. I was the seventh vehicle and the 13th man in line. I made the trip from Downers Grove which is a 45 min drive. 6 am came and went then 6:30 then 7 at that point I was now the 3rd man in line. Guys were clearly and richously pissed and tearing ass out of the lot. Besides the guys who were ahead of me there were a ton of other guys who came and went. At 7:30 I decided to head back home without any weights for shooting I did not have another option.
I got home and ordered a melting pot and began working on my own mold for some shooter weights. Pot will arrive in 2 days. I understand a guy may show up a little late once in awhile but that was a bunch of BS. My only day to fish this week and to have the day ruined cause guys dont show up or call in for work is horse shinola.
Well I wont have that problem again. Next time I will not be relying on anyone else for my gear.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:48am - Mar 18,18 
Yeah that sucks!!
Call kim or Sue at lees bait and tackle, see if they can help you for the next time!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Mar 18,18 
Hope this eases your pain. 60 guys from the 31st street to the mouth of Burham 630am to 1pm. Only 2 small coho caught small swells to flat calm. As I was letting my main line out it broke between the 2nd and 3rd hook. Watched my bobber male an epic run out several hundred yards. Made repairs shot out again and nada in 5 hours.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:00pm - Mar 18,18 
Hey thanks for the report. I was thinking today was gonna be a great day for everyone so at least I didnt miss much and that blows that no fish were caught.
I also should say that in a lot of years fishing I have never had a problem with the service at Henry's.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:31am - Mar 19,18 
Sucks to hear your story. Weekend warriors like myself, have limited options.Any kink in the gameplan can ruin an outing.

Next time hit the shoreline anyways. You'll be surprised that a fellow, friendly angler will be happy to sell you one from his own stock.

I had a similar story on Sat. My buddy with "our" tank was unavailable, even though we planned the outing in advance. I showed up to the lakefront, met some guys fishing, told them my bad luck and they offered to shoot me out. I'll gladly return any courtesies at the lake when needed.

Anyways, got skunked anyways, but not the point.

GS

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Mar 21,18 
GrandSlammer wrote:
Sucks to hear your story. Weekend warriors like myself, have limited options.Any kink in the gameplan can ruin an outing.

Next time hit the shoreline anyways. You'll be surprised that a fellow, friendly angler will be happy to sell you one from his own stock.

I had a similar story on Sat. My buddy with "our" tank was unavailable, even though we planned the outing in advance. I showed up to the lakefront, met some guys fishing, told them my bad luck and they offered to shoot me out. I'll gladly return any courtesies at the lake when needed.

Anyways, got skunked anyways, but not the point.

GS

Ditto. You may rejected by an ass hat, but most are willing to help a brother out.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: