Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13am - Nov 8,17 
I'm looking for some help validating a problem for my high school engineering project. My partner and believe that existing tackle boxes fail to provide adequate storage solutions for the average fisherman. If you could take a minute to fill out the survey it would be very helpful for our project. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:59am - Nov 8,17 
It’s pretty simple, you never have enough tackle storage. You end up buying way more stuff then you have room for and then you buy more boxes. It’s gotta be a sickness or something.

John

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:38pm - Nov 8,17 
Fishobession223 wrote:
It’s pretty simple, you never have enough tackle storage. You end up buying way more stuff then you have room for and then you buy more boxes. It’s gotta be a sickness or something.

John

Ditto.
Modularity would be the key but not how you can fit that in to a single tackle box. A drastic example would be utilizing the same box for panfish and then modifying it on a whim for big game like musky.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:57pm - Nov 8,17 
Fishobession223 wrote:
It’s gotta be a sickness or something.

It's a parasite known as the "Bait Monkey" or "Tackle Monkey". Mine's approaching 300lb gorilla size.

I gave up on the single box a long time ago and switched to Plano boxes that I can swap into a small tackle bag to match the conditions of a particular outing. I like the 3600 size boxes for most things. They fit in my kayak milk crate better than the 3700 size.

I've tried a few different bags, but keep coming back to a cheap Chatahoochie Chomper bag from Dick's. It holds five 3600 boxes, and has three smaller pockets for other stuff. What makes this bag different smaller pockets are actually useful. I keep general hardware in a double-sided box in one side pocket. The front pocket is pretty big and works as a general catch-all. Usually has a 3500 box of hooks, some weights, pliers, scissors, etc. The other side pocket usually has jars or bags of plastics in it. The other big thing I like about this bag is there's no stupid cover flap. I don't like having to undo more than one fastening to get to my gear.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 02:02pm - Nov 8,17 
And 90% of it is to catch a fisherman not a fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:15pm - Nov 8,17 
I populate a tackle box for every species I fish for. Still this is not enough room. I have over flow tackle stored
in a tackle box the size of a large suite case. Now the boat is not big enough for all my tackle. I bet nobody else has this problem.

Dave

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54pm - Nov 8,17 
I have over the shoulder tackle bags for rivers, creeks, ponds/lakes and live bait . I keep my tackle in boxes that fit into the bags . I keep boxes of replacement gear in a cloth construction workers bag .

Especially when wading , I tend to travel pretty light . Tackle bag, rod/reel, line clippers, needle nose pliers, tape measure, hook hone, hat and sunglasses.

I do have some larger boxes at home I keep my excess gear in . You never know what you will find in the bargain bins or run into a hot sale on gear you actually use .

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:24pm - Nov 11,17 
Most of us are not "average" fishermen,we buy a lot,-correction way too much,figure how to store it.Then re sort and pack items for trips. No single tackle box would be adequate. Maybe a species specific tackle box would work.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34am - Nov 12,17 
I’m in the too much gear too many boxes too many bags group. I use a couple sizes of Plano boxes and tackle bags for about 80% of my gear. The rest is in a special mates hanging spoon box or wrap paper around pool noodles and carried in heavy duty ziplocks. Despite all the gear and all the clutter, I’ll bet on the majority of best trips I’d need nothing more than a pocket full of stuff.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:56am - Nov 12,17 
I'm on the team of buying multiple Plano clear plastic and have them for different species. Swap out when needed. Yesterday the lindners did a Facebook live video and they snagged up an old tackle box someone lost in a river 10 years ago. The guy commented within an hour confirming it was his. Pretty cool to see it come together like that

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: