Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:24pm - Apr 22,17 
Hey Guys, gonna take my New Lund out for it's maiden voyage. Plan on hitting to cal sag at Worth to break in outboard and do some easy boating before I hit the big lake. Can someone give me some ideas on what species to target and what to throw? Not realing fishing fishing, but since I'll be with my buddy so we should have some time to alternate driving and fishing. Thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:52am - Apr 23,17 
I've caught largemouth but haven't fished it alot. I did the same with my new(to me) lund a few years ago. Keep an eye out for logs and other debris.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09am - Apr 23,17 
Barge traffic may change your mind about easy boating. Also the actual water is posted not fit
for human contact. I advise breaking your boat in on an actual lake.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:52am - Apr 23,17 
Great place to break in your motor. Plenty of LGB towards Lake Calumet and SMB in Lake Calumet. Just don't drink the water and you will be fine.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:16am - Apr 23,17 
Bulldawg wrote:
Great place to break in your motor. Plenty of LGB towards Lake Calumet and SMB in Lake Calumet. Just don't drink the water and you will be fine.

Agreed.

I put several break-in hours last summer on the Cal Sag. Overall, I think it's a great place for break-in. As you go towards the O'Brien lock hit anything that looks fishy for largemouth. I don't really fish the river anymore but small cranks and plastics used to catch a lot of fish for me out there. If you want to target smallmouth go to Lake Cal like Bulldawg mentioned. The water is a lot clearer and deeper in Lake Calumet. Definitely be prepared to wipe down your boat when done. That river will put a scum line on your boat. Good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Apr 23,17 
Thanks Guys, actually hit the water at 7am and boated for 3 hrs. Really didn't fish much as I was having too much fun just tooling up and down. A few guys in bass boats went by and through the locks, presumably to Lake Calumet. Definitely scum line on boat, I hose her off when I got back. Thanks for the comments.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: