Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21am - May 16,19 
The fish have left the light .
The CFV Karen Marie left late from Diversey . My wife Karen and I were aboard . We did start at the light . 3 hours and only 2 fish . Radio said the same , little fish , and no bait . Captain Bob from the Massive was saying how bait was in front of all harbors . Karen and I pulled lines and headed to Montrose . Started at the shoe and headed to Captain Bill's Point where we took a triple losing one fish . Tons of bait . Turned and headed to the end of the shoe , trolled north a little and was going to turn back when I saw black clouds in the water . Big bait balls . Finally got our fish , finished at 6:40 p.m. Troll was from 1/2 mile north of shoe back to CBP . and turn .

Do not think this was the only spot . I could find bait by watching the cormorants . The bait is not holding by any spot but moving around 52 degree water . There is a band of it . Looked like a mid summer pattern .
We only had 6 rods and I did not run birds . riggers ,2, only took one fish . dipsys the big ones were back 25 and 30 number 2 setting , and a #0 dipsy at a 3 setting 60 ft back were hot plus my lead core , silver dodger , 8 ft leader , now do not laugh , the weight was a 8 inch piece of decoy anchor line to a powerline weight behind the boat one color to the water . spoons only took 3 fish rest were on dodger and fly set-ups .

Have a great day .
Captain Bill

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54am - May 16,19 
Excellent report, Cap'n Bill. This confirms my suspicion when we did not find bait on Tuesday.Coho yes, but no bait.

Thanks

President Evanston Boat Ramp Association

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - May 16,19 
Silver dodgers were hotter than the red . Fish loved that flash .

CB .

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: