Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:22am - May 16,19 
We fished yesterday from 5:30-2 , started trolling right outside the harbor and worked out to 30-40 fow we had a great day out there bringing home 13 nice chunky coho. Boards did most of the work with typical 00 dodger in Crome and orange with peanut flys . It was a beautiful day to play hooky from work and do a bit of fishing!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00am - May 16,19 
Nice job. Guess I needed to fish a little longer than 3.5 hours. Was early bite better? Thanks for the report.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow! Work hard, Play Harder!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:44am - May 16,19 
Ruggs wrote:
Nice job. Guess I needed to fish a little longer than 3.5 hours. Was early bite better? Thanks for the report.

Thanks Steve . Our action was steady all day but I would say that the early bite was a tad bit better. Seemed like most of the fish came on a north troll and they must have been in tight schools. We would turn back on our mark and every time we would get a fish or two when we would go over the mark. Chrome was better for us first thing and then the orange took over as the day progressed.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19am - May 16,19 
Those are some good fish numbers. Good to know they are still hanging out just in front of the harbor. Nice job thatboat. Thanks for the report. I can’t wait to find some more time to get out there.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:07pm - May 16,19 
Nice work, Tony! What a difference a few days can make. Let's hope the fish that are starting to depart the south end follow the western shoreline north like your fish probably did. It should make for some fun fishing that is easier on our wallets than recent years past!

I'm glad you've been able to get out so much already this spring and keep us all in tune with the early action out of Waukegan. It's greatly appreciated and thanks for all the reports :respect

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:23am - May 17,19 
TyeeII wrote:
Nice work, Tony! What a difference a few days can make. Let's hope the fish that are starting to depart the south end follow the western shoreline north like your fish probably did. It should make for some fun fishing that is easier on our wallets than recent years past!

I'm glad you've been able to get out so much already this spring and keep us all in tune with the early action out of Waukegan. It's greatly appreciated and thanks for all the reports :respect

Thanks Ron , this spring has had some pretty decent weather for fishing on the weekends so far , I hope this pattern continues because I don’t know how many more times I can play hooky from work I may end up getting fired, the boss has been a little ornery lately :shock

Fishobession223 wrote:
Those are some good fish numbers. Good to know they are still hanging out just in front of the harbor. Nice job thatboat. Thanks for the report. I can’t wait to find some more time to get out there.

Thanks, hopefully you get some more time soon. I will be happy if the fish keep hanging around so close to shore, only 3 gallons of gas burned this trip :lol:

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: