Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17am - Jan 29,19 
How many people are using either the Traxstech tree system or Cisco Tree system? I was looking at both of the during the outdoor show in Schaumburg and started leaning towards the Cisco for the versatility of their rod holder placement.

I want to use a tree system this year, but also want to hear back from you guys on how you like them any pros and cons.

Thanks
Paul

Ranger Driven to Dominate.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 09:52am - Jan 29,19 
Magnum and Traxtech have the best holders/trees. I just moved from Berts to traxtech. I choose Traxtech over Magnums mainly based on the price because they are both great. I do have magnum riggers and there is no substituting those.

I dont see any con to trees other then it makes a boat hard to fit in a garage or drive thru. Trees make it really easy to run board rods and not get any caught up in each other. The each side of my boat I setup like this. Rigger, 2 dipsey holders, a fire drill holder which is just a holder pointed out to the side foward a bit where i can place a rod even a dipsey to quickly get it out of the way without lures or rods laying in the boat, and 4 rod trees on a 72" track.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:20pm - Jan 29,19 
Storm Warning wrote:
Magnum and Traxtech have the best holders/trees. I just moved from Berts to traxtech. I choose Traxtech over Magnums mainly based on the price because they are both great. I do have magnum riggers and there is no substituting those.

I dont see any con to trees other then it makes a boat hard to fit in a garage or drive thru. Trees make it really easy to run board rods and not get any caught up in each other. The each side of my boat I setup like this. Rigger, 2 dipsey holders, a fire drill holder which is just a holder pointed out to the side foward a bit where i can place a rod even a dipsey to quickly get it out of the way without lures or rods laying in the boat, and 4 rod trees on a 72" track.

What lots of guy's have been doing to help with the height issue while on the trailer is ordering the Magnums with a quick removal base for fast east removal. Price wise Magnums are actually slightly cheaper than others on the market in most configurations and much more adjustable than many.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33pm - Jan 29,19 
Hi guys,

Thanks for the input, I want to be able to run 4 planners this year along with 4 dipsy's and 2 DR's with stackers.

I will look at the Magnum trees.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:03pm - Jan 29,19 
rangerman wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the input, I want to be able to run 4 planners this year along with 4 dipsy's and 2 DR's with stackers.

I will look at the Magnum trees.

Do you have a pic of what your current setup looks like? I'd probably shoot for 6 boards and 2 divers instead of 4 divers. Don't rule out horizontal trees.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:52am - Jan 30,19 
I love my Traxstech 3 rod adjustable trees. I move them back and forth from my Lund to my Grady. I chose them because I could fold the top rod holders down and still be able to clear my garage door without having to disassemble anything after a long day of fishing, cleaning fish, and trailering back home.

On the Lund, I rarely run more than 4 boards, 2 dipseys, and 3 riggers. On days that the dipsey bite is hot I have run 4 dipseys, and when I do, I use the bottom holders of the trees for my front/outside dipsey. It works out great and I wish I had switched to vertical trees a long time ago.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: